Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Clean Start=New Frig

Santa delivered a late present early this morning...my dream frig!  Yes, this girl gets excited over a refrigerator!!

I have been eyeing this baby for quite some time now.  Hubby laughs at me for getting excited about organizing a refrigerator.  We LOVE to cook, so having an organized frig is a MUST!!  And, truth be told...he has spent quite a bit of time today playing with the apps. LOL

It's a bit empty now, we held off on grocery shopping knowing we were going to be swapping out our old one.  Our 20 year old one that we installed when our house was built went to frig heaven, and the one we have been using up until today went to the basement.  I love having two...extra room for beverages and dishes during the holidays.

I am in love!!  I plan to purchase a few fridgemate containers to corral items and to keep them from slipping around.  But, for now...I am in HEAVEN!!






I love being able to sort our condiments in the individual bins, the cheese/wine/snack drawer is my favorite, and while we don't buy or freeze a lot of food (it is just hubby and I most of the time) I do love the deep drawer.

I make it a habit to clean our frig every Sunday afternoon prior to shopping for the week.  This helps us avoid purchasing items we already have, gets us to use what we have on hand, and things never get too out of hand!

January around here is always a month dedicated to reorganization.  I plan to share along the way.

Happy New Year everyone!!

12 comments:

Anne said...

It is fabulous! Happy New Year to you and all the family:)
~Anne

Val said...

This is a perfect start to 2013.

Laurie @ Stylin Savanna said...

Love the fridge! We wanted a french door but it wasn't in our budget so we went side by side. Kinda regret it because we have like no space! I would totally get excited about a fridge lol.. glad I'm not the only one

Tara {The Silver Lining} said...

haha I can so relate and appreciate this! We got a new fridge for our new house and it's so nice and pretty!! But I'm jealous of your dividers - so fancy. :)

Surrounded-By-Boys said...

LOVE the new fridge! LOVE LOVE LOVE! I try to start my new year off with cleaning out my fridge too! Guess what's on my to do list for this afternoon? HA!

Isaiah 55:8-9 said...

LOVE IT! :) What a great start to the new year!

Formerly known as Frau said...

Omg I'm so jealous! That is an amazing frig! Mine is on it's last leg I'm seriously hoping it breaks so I can have this one! Enjoy!

emily said...

Happy New Year! And happy new fridge! It's so pretty! We had to get a new fridge too -- and it's amazing how much joy it can bring for just being a kitchen appliance!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful new fridge! I love these types of posts, mostly because I'm a snoop and like to see what other people have in their fridge and I love organizing. :)

jackie jade said...

new follower :) this is exciting! we are (hopefully) getting a new fridge soon too and i can't wait. ours is awful and i'm also looking forward to organizing, so i feel ya!
-- jackiejade.blogspot.com

Leslie said...

I am totally jealous! I wish mine would totally break down.. I's so outdated but works perfectly :(

Have fun and such a great way to start organizing!!

xxleslie

Brandi said...

Your new fridge is so nice. I would love to have all that space.