Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Gluten Free Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers

I love a good Philly Cheesesteak sandwich.  And yes, I could make them with GF bread.  But, after having them this way last night I can honestly say...I don't miss the bread at all!!


Ingredients:
8 oz Thinly Sliced Roast Beef (we found GF pre-sliced at Trader Joes)
8 slices Provolone Cheese
2 Large Green Bell Peppers
1 Medium Sweet Onion
6 oz. Baby Bella Mushrooms (we omitted because hubby doesn't do mushrooms)
2 Tbs. Butter
2 Tbs. Olive Oil
1 Tbs. Garlic-minced
Salt and Pepper-to taste

Directions:
Slice peppers in half lengthwise, remove ribs and seeds.
Slice onions and mushrooms.  Saute over medium heat with butter, olive oil, minced garlic and a little salt and pepper.  Saute until onions and mushrooms are nice and caramalized. About 25-30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 400*.
Slice roast beef into thin strips and add to the onion/mushroom mixture.  Allow to cook 5-10 minutes.
Line the inside of each pepper with a slice of provolone cheese.
Fill each pepper with meat mixture until they are nearly overflowing.
Top each pepper with another slice of provolone cheese.
Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese on top is golden brown.

Recipe found via Pinterest found here.

Super simple and so delicious!!

12 comments:

Laurie @ Stylin Savanna said...

I've been seeing this recipe on Pinterest. They look like a good alternative to classic greasy cheesesteaks!

Preppy Empty Nester said...

These look sooooo darn good!!! Will have to try them.

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

When we lived near Philadelphia I learned to love a good cheesesteak - these look yummy and they would be low carb too :-)

Niki said...

I can't wait to try these! Thank you for sharing :)

Laura@Elegant Nest said...

Looks good...even though I am not a red meat eater. Perhaps ground turkey or pork would be a tasty substitute.

Christine @ Suburban Charm said...

Definitely trying this one! My kids will love them too!

Isaiah 55:8-9 said...

Yummy! I haven't had a cheesesteak in ages and will have to try this! :)

Erin James said...

this looks amazing and healthy!

Mimi said...

Great things, Great recipe! I love the prayer box by the way...so sweet!

Aesthetic Lounge

Lobster Meets Peach said...

I will have to try to make these for my GF daughter. Thanks for sharing!

Beautifully Seaside // Formerly Chic Coastal Living said...

Yummmmm! This looks like a winner of a recipe!

Unknown said...

Made these last night! Delicious!