The recipe was perfect as our youngest is home visiting and recently received the results of her food sensitivity tests back. She is now on a Dairy Free diet amongst other things!
Super simple to prepare, and a great light meal for the summer months. We served it alongside
Herbed Shrimp with Dairy-Free Tzatziki
2 lbs wild-caught peeled and deveined raw shrimp
1 TBS olive oil
1 1/2 tsp dried parsley flakes
1 1/2 tsp dried oregano flakes
1 tsp dried dill
3/4 tsp sea salt
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 tsp diced white onion
1 recipe Dairy-Free Tzatziki (below)
1. Rinse and dry shrimp well.
2. Heat olive oil in a large deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp to the skillet and cook for 4 to 5 minutes until almost cooked through.
3. Add seasonings, garlic, and onion to the shrimp and toss well to coat. Cook for another 1 to 2 minutes until the garlic and onion are fragrant and the shrimp is pink and cooked through.
4. Serve with Dairy-Free Tzatziki on the side.
4 oz plain coconut yogurt
1/4 C minced, peeled and seeded cucumber
2 TBS finely minced white onion
1 TBS finely minced garlic
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp dried dill
1/4 tsp grated lemon zest
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1. In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients together. For best results, prepare at least 1 hour prior to serving to allow the flavors to marry.