Yes, I do realize it has been awhile since my last post...but, we were enjoying having baby girl at home for Spring Break!!!
This past weekend I picked up a new Paleo cookbook. I loved that most recipes could be prepped ahead or made use of a slow cooker.
Make Ahead Paleo by Tammy Credicott (we found our copy at Barnes and Noble).
Last night we decided to give our first recipe a go. Ribeye Nuggets with Jalapeno Pesto. The fact that it was St. Patrick's Day, the Jalapeno Pesto's vibrant green color was perfect for the occasion. And, we decided to serve it with a side steak fries. Our family is the furthest thing from Irish (we are Polish and German, with a dash of Danish and Scandinavian).
We prepped and made ours same day, but you can prep ahead.
4 ribeye steaks, cut into bite-sized pieces
2 TBSP coconut oil (we substituted with olive oil as I cannot have coconut)
1/2 C roasted, unsalted macadamia nuts
1 C packed fresh parsley
1/3 C packed cilantro leaves
1 small shallot, minced
2 cloves garlic, sliced
2 jalapenos, cored, seeded, and chopped
1 TBSP lime juice
3/4 C olive oil
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
For Serving Day
Sea salt to taste
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Place the steak pieces and coconut oil in separate airtight containers (#1 and #2).
2. In a food processor, puree the pesto ingredients until smooth. Add more olive oil if needed to get the consistency you like. (we used our Vitamix)
3. Spoon the pesto into airtight container #3.
4. Store the containers in the refrigerator or a cooler until ready to use.
1. In an electric skillet set to medium-high heat, heat the coconut oil.
2. When the oil is hot, add the steak pieces to the skillet. Season the steak with sea salt and pepper, and cook until it has browned on all sides but is still pink inside, about 5 minutes.
3. Serve the steak with the pesto drizzled on top. (we served on the side in a ramekin)
Again, we prepared ours same day. But, I love that the recipes can be prepped ahead of time. Perfect for busy family weeknights.