Tuesday, February 7, 2012

What's a girl to do?

So, what do you do when you've got a sick kid at home (yes, she now has the flu!), you are getting nothing accomplished, and your to do list is a mile long?



Why...go with the flow.  Brew yourself a cafe mocha, grab a bunch of your favorite organizational and home mags and chill out!  (well...only AFTER reading everyone else's posts for the day ;)

Sorry I've been a bit MIA.  I had hoped to show you some more spaces I 've organized, and the library shelves, but...I honestly haven't gotten to them yet!  We were out of town over the weekend and came home with a very sick teenager (who by the way coached her 12 year old  team to a 2nd place finish in a tournament despite feeling so crummy, and having gone through about a dozen boxes of Kleenex!!!).

Here's hoping tomorrow is a brighter/healthier day!

14 comments:

Anne said...

Hope she feels better soon! Sore throats and colds doing the rounds over here too!!
~Anne

Karena said...

Going with the flow IS the best thing to do, everything can wait. She is such a trooper!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Michaela said...

Praying she feels better soon!

Beautifully Seaside // Formerly Chic Coastal Living said...

Hope she's feeling better...

Anonymous said...

Hi Lauren,

I discovered your blog from your comment on my guest post over at Reluctant Entertainer. Thank you!

I signed-up to receive your e-mails so I don't lose track of you.

Love you blog - - - and the post today! I like your style. Wish I was there to enjoy some coffee with you! And hope your daughter is feeling better soon.

Love,
Mary

Unknown said...

Congratulations to your daughter for her coaching success, sorry she's sick again. Enjoy the down time.

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

No fun, I hope she is better soon :(
XO
Kristin

Amy {Fresh and Fancy} said...

sorry about your sick kiddo - but hopefully you can enjoy a relaxing day!

Nothing But Blue Skies... said...

Hope she feels better soon! I have a stack of my favorite mags too. If only I could pull my face out of the computer long enough to curl up with them. I can't seem to step away from my laptop these days. May need an intervention soon! ;-)

Your coffee looks sooo yummy! Have a great weekend.
xo
-Lisa

natasha {schue love} said...

Hope she's feeling better by now! And that you got to enjoy your weekend! :)

Amanda said...

boo hiss to the flu! so sorry for your daughter. My 8 yr old had it last year on the 1st day of her Spring Break-she spent the entire week in bed, then lovingly passed it onto her brothers and I. Hope she feels better soon & the rest of you stay well!

Shauna@Satori Design for Living said...

Sending healing thoughts your way! It always seems that when our list is a mile long, that's when something like this happens! Good on you for taking the time you need for her to get better and for you to keep your sanity! Glad to have found your blog via Amanda Carol Interiors!

Barbara Matson said...

I so understand. My life has been busy and computer hijacked at night by my 12 grader as she write scholarship essays at night!

hope you "baby" is feeling better!

henning love said...

wow what a trooper your daughter is! and congrats on her team finishing 2nd. i think a cafe mocha and a bunch of magazines it totally appreciate! happy valentines day lauren