Wednesday, February 15, 2012

From a mom's perspective~reality check!

All,
This post will contain no DIY's , no recipes, nor any pictures.  It is one that comes strictly from my heart.  While I have been trying my best to keep up with each of you and your posts (you guys are good, kudos to you!), I have been lacking in the post department.
One-my youngest has been home sick on and off for a month now, sinus then flu.  She is finally on the mend thanks to the many prayers of friends and family alike.  We leave for Texas tomorrow for a final college visit and couldn't be more excited for her!
Two-my oldest.  So heavy on my heart right now.  She has been struggling with stomach issues for awhile now, and two doctors are leaning toward one diagnosis...something no one, especially a 22 year old, nor her parents want to hear...possibly cancer.  While many tests still need to be run to determine if this is the case, it is very scary and heartbreaking nonetheless.  She is a recent college graduate, gainfully employed and loving life.  Yet, she struggles everyday with stomach problems.   She is not quick to complain.  I am thankful that her most recent physicians are taking notice of her symptoms and not dismissing them.  Tests will be run accordingly, but now we must sit, wait, and be patient.  Something I am NOT good at when it comes to the well being of my children.
While I would love to be blogging about my latest project or recipe, my focus is now on my sweet baby girls, one embarking on a new journey-college life, the other-life after college.  Both equally momentous occassions in life.
I write this to ask two things, one-if you are so inclined-pray for my girls.  Two-stick with me, I have many things to share, but in HIS timing.
And if I may, thirdly-hugs those you love a little more closely!
Thanks for letting me share,
L

13 comments:

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

I will no doubt be praying for your family! Take the time you need. Hope you give us an update when you have one!

Anne said...

I understand your pain and anxiety! I hope everything will be ok:)
~Anne

Tiffany @ Savor Home said...

I'm so sorry to hear that! You know that you and your family are in my prayers. Please let me know if there is anything I can do!

Maillardville Manor said...

Oh Lauren,
I am so sad to read this.
I struggled with stomach isssues all through my late teens and early twenties. They thought lots of different things, and I went through all kinds of tests and it turned out to be nothing serious at all.
I am definitely praying that hers is nothing also!

I have no advice about how to get through the next little while! But I have no doubt you'll do it with grace!
Lots of Love
Ashli

simply brookes: said...

lauren. prayers sent. so thinking of you right now. nothing means more to us than our babies. please keep us posted on this, as i know you will. thank you for sharing this with us.
wendy

Unknown said...

Oh no, I'm praying that everything has a good outcome. There is nothing worse than watching your children suffer, no matter how old they are. Hopefully they both will have speedy recoveries.

Unknown said...

Oh no, I'm praying that everything has a good outcome. There is nothing worse than watching your children suffer, no matter how old they are. Hopefully they both will have speedy recoveries.

Jennifer said...

I am praying for you and your family. Post updates as they come.

Jen

natasha {schue love} said...

Oh my goodness...I will definitely be keeping your daughter in my prayers. How scary...I hope it's not what you fear and that you can have answers very soon. xo

Nothing But Blue Skies... said...

Oh my goodness, Lauren...I just saw this post, dated 5 days ago. Ok, prayers will go up immediately. Be strong, and have faith that all will work out.
Not sure if you know, but I am a cancer survivor. Three years ago this May I was diagnosed with colon cancer. I had surgery, and 6 months of chemo to follow. I am considered "cured" (knock-wood) and good as new. It was the hardest thing I've ever done, but I can't wish it away, since it taught me so much, and changed my life for the better in more ways than I can count.
I will be praying for good news for your daughter from the doctors, and strength for you and your family while you wait to hear.
Please let me know if I can do anything for you. I've done quite a lot of reading and research regarding nutrition, and treating cancer with certain foods, etc.
Big hugs to you! xo-Lisa

Sherry @ Thrift My House said...

Keeping you in prayer.
Sherry's Bees Nest

Beautifully Seaside // Formerly Chic Coastal Living said...

I just read this and I so upset that I didn;t see this post earlier....I will be keeping your daughter in my prayers. The Lord is with you! Love, Desiree

Gail@Sophisticated Steps said...

From one mom to another, I'm so sorry. Praying the Lord gives the doctors wisdom, you all peace, and your daughter healing.