Does anyone else feel like this month is just flying by? Hard to believe that a week from tomorrow we will all be sitting around the table eating Turkey!
I thought I would share this yummy recipe in case you will have a house full of company, either for Thanksgiving, for a holiday brunch, or on Christmas morning. It is perfect for all three, and could not be easier.
Paleo Mexican Casserole
1 lb Chorizo
1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper
4-5 Green Onions/Scallions, sliced thinly (about 3/4 cup)
Cilantro to garnish
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Brown chorizo and drain.
3. Grease casserole dish (9x13) with fat of choice. We used avocado oil. Be generous or the eggs will stick to the bottom.
4. Layer chorizo in bottom of casserole dish.
5. Dice red bell pepper and thinly slice green onions.
6. Crack eggs into a large bowl and whisk well.
7. Add bell pepper and green onions to eggs and stir to combine.
8. Pour egg mixture over chorizo.
9. Bake for 45-50 minutes until top is nicely browned.
10. Garnish with cilantro.
You may want to serve your favorite salsa along side, or you can add a dash of Tabasco if you like a little heat.
You can make this ahead, store in the frig, and reheat when ready to serve.
Original recipe can be found here.