Wednesday, May 25, 2016

What's for Dinner Wednesday~Zucchini Shrimp Scampi

Our youngest stumbled upon this recipe on Pinterest, and after making it for herself just had to share!  It is delicious, and super simple to prepare.  A win win in my book for an easy weeknight meal.

Zucchini Shrimp Scampi
Serves 4

Original recipe can be found here.


Ingredients:

2 TBS unsalted butter
1 LB medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, or more, to taste (for those of you who like less spicy you know who you are you may want to use a little less)
1/4 C chicken stock
Juice of 1 lemon
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 1/2 LBS (4 medium sized zucchini, spiralized
2 TBS freshly grated Parmesan
2 TBS chopped parsley leaves

Instructions:

Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add shrimp, garlic and red pepper flakes.
Cook, stirring occasionally, until pink, about 2-3 minutes.
Stir in chicken stock and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a simmer; stir in zucchini noodles until well combined, about 1-2 minutes.
Serve immediately, garnished with Parmesan and parsley, if desired.

We used this spiralizer from Williams-Sonoma.

I recently purchased this spiralizer from Bed Bath and Beyond for our daughter.

She said it worked GREAT!

Also, I noticed our local Whole Foods is now carrying zucchini already spiralized!  So easy!!

***I am in no way being compensated, the above are only my opinion on the two products that we currently love using.

7 comments:

Andrea Nine said...

Literally, the perfect summer meal! I just love zucchini and adore finding new ways to use it, thank you for this recipe sweet lady!

Lustrous.ie said...

I keep saying I must buy a spiralizer, would love to make this shrimp dish!
~Anne

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

Don't you love it when your kids show an interest in cooking? Our oldest son will cook dinner for us on a whim sometimes and it's great! I don't think I tried shrimp scampi until I was in high school, and realized I loved it! Shrimp recipes are so quick and easy. Love this!

Beaufort Belle said...

Are you referring to moi????? This recipe sounds soooooo good!

Gypsy Heart said...

I love everything in this dish! Easy and light for warmer weather. Thanks so much for sharing!

xo
Pat

Sandi said...

That looks delicious!

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Lauren, I'm catching up on my blog reading and just saw this post. This recipe looks delicious...and you can't miss me with shrimp! I'm adding this to my file for next week.