It feels good to get back to blog land. While I had good intentions after the holidays to blog at least five times a week, a nasty cold and then pink eye told me otherwise. Glad to finally be on the mend and back amongst the living.
I love searching for and trying out new recipes, and am fortunate my hubby does too. This latest one I found on Pinterest. Very easy, yet so flavorful. We love a good marinated flank steak.
Chipotle Lime Grilled Flank Steak
2 lbs flank steak
1 C oil
Juice of 4 limes
1/2 C white vinegar
1 C loosely chopped fresh cilantro
1-2 TBS adobe sauce
4 Chipotle peppers
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Combine the oil and rest of the ingredients in a food processor or blender.
2. Pulse until the peppers and cilantro are smooth.
3. Place marinade in large ziploc bag.
4. Add large flank steak and mix the marinade around to completely coat the steak.
5. Marinade for at least 8 hours, but up to 24.
6. Grill large steak for 5-10 minutes per side (5 minutes for rare meat, 10 for well done).
7. While steak is grilling, add marinade to a small saucepan.
8. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 8-10 minutes.
9. Cut the steak across the grain into thin diagonal slices.
10. Serve steak with the marinade sauce.
We served it alongside roasted corn.
The original recipe can be found here.