Friday, February 5, 2016

Curio Style Coffee Table and Adding Green~

I just love our Curio style coffee table we purchased from Pottery Barn many years ago.  I love changing out the interior contents with the seasons.

During the summer months it is filled with coastal items...lots of seashells and such.  Fall-acorns, pinecones, rich earthy tones.  Christmastime-ornaments, snow covered pinecones and my Great Grandfather's vintage sleigh bells.

I recently changed the contents of the table out to incorporate more green.  I have added several new touches of green to our family room, which I will share at the end of this post, and wanted the coffee table to reflect the freshness as well.

This room in general is a bit difficult to photograph as it has floor to ceiling windows along the east wall, so it is bathed in sunlight for most of the day.  I took these with the top of the table open to cut down on the glare.

The table is filled with greenery, oyster shells, river rocks, pinecones, wine corks, moss covered balls, and more.  I will let the pictures tell the story.













With the top down.  We keep things on top to a minimum.  Our TV remotes, a candle, coasters and recently a fun game a friend gifted us at Christmastime.


I carried the green touches throughout the room.

Succulents in our giant clamshell.


Our fiddle leaf fig tree is thriving in this spot.


New throw pillows from Pottery Barn.  I mixed them with our lambswool blanket and pillow and another sweater pillow (all from Pottery Barn purchased several years ago).  I love the warmth that they add while still keeping things light.


Another embroidered pillow I purchased at Pottery Barn.  And yes, we LOVE that store!!


And, our dough bowl a top our mantle got filled with granny smith apples (faux).

I hope to get the room photographed soon so you can see how it all comes together.

Hope you all have a wonderful and BLESSED weekend.  I will be watching the Super Bowl for the commercials and the yummy food!!

Linking up with Stacie and the girls for THOUGHTS OF HOME THURSDAY.

11 comments:

Stacey said...

So pretty! I've always liked curio type tables. It's so much fun to see what's in there. I'm sure it's a conversation starter when you have someone over. Glad to see that PB pillow in green at your house. I've been admiring it online. :)

Lustrous.ie said...

I love your table Lauren and green always lifts a room,especially with spring on the way! Have a lovely weekend:)
~Anne

Preppy Empty Nester said...

Love your table! Talk about adding unique interest to a room! The touch of green looks so fresh. Have a good weekend, Lauren.

Laura said...

I'm pea-green with envy, as Scarlett would say! Love, love, love that coffee table and the touch of green looks wonderful!

Andrea Nine said...

I am a trinket girl who loves Momentos like mad! This coffee table is beyond spectacular and the pops of green just make me smile!! Have a wonderful weekend lovely lady!

Nancy said...

i LOVE IT ALL! seriously i want it all in my house too :)

Leslie said...

Your table looks FAB Lauren! I'm loving the freshness with all the green and succulents are so popular and very pretty. Have a wonderful evening and fun weekend ahead! xxL

Decor To Adore said...

What a fantastic table! You have decorated it so beautifully! I love the touches of green.

Gina said...

That's such a nifty table! I love the use of green as an accent - love me some PB, too!

Debbie - Mountain Mama said...

I nearly bought those two green accent pillows from PB over the weekend!! So close....in the cart, out of the cart, in the cart....I decided to go a different way that let me use more of the pillow covers I already have, just added a few fresh pieces. Stay tuned for that post!

Oh, BTW, if I had that table I would use it for my wine cork collection - perfect!! :)

Stacey said...

Lauren, thank you for sharing this at TOHOT. :)