Thought I would pop in and share a yummy dish we had for dinner last night.
The recipe came from my Make Ahead Paleo cookbook, by Tammy Credicott.
This dish can be made ahead using her directions, or you can just make it the night of.
Chicken Picatta Bites
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
2 Cups artichoke hearts (in water or frozen, squeeze out the excess water)
1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley (hubby did not realize I had this on hand, so he omitted)
Container #4 (SAUCE)
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/3 cup white wine
1 cup chicken broth
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 TBSP capers
For Serving Day
2 TBSP coconut oil (we used olive as I cannot eat coconut products)
Sea salt to taste
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Place the chicken, artichoke hearts, and parsley in separate containers (#1,#2, and #3)
2. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid (container #4, we used a mason jar), combine the lemon juice, white wine, chicken broth, garlic, and capers to make the sauce. Shake well.
3. Store the containers in the refrigerator or a cooler until needed.
1. In an electric skillet set (or deep frying pan) set to medium-high heat, heat the coconut oil. Add the chicken, and season it with sea salt and pepper. Cook the chicken, stirring occasionally, until it has browned on all sides, about 5 minutes.
2. Shake the sauce jar to combine the ingredients. Add the sauce to the skillet, and stir.
3. Add the artichoke hearts to the skillet, and bring the mixture to a slight boil. Simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
4. Serve the chicken bites with parsley sprinkled on the top.
We have made several tasty dishes from this cookbook. They are all gluten-,grain-, & dairy-free.
The book is broken down into several sections:
Make & Freeze-make it now for easy eats later
Low & Slow-healthy dinners when you walk in the door
On the Go-portable fare that doesn't disintegrate in your cooler
Room Service-one pan, virtually no mess, all in the comfort of your hotel room!
Travel Treats-sweeter treats that travel well
Week in a Day-cook once for a stress-free work week
Along with lots of other helpful tips and information.
Hope you enjoy!!