Well, the hubby and I are settling back into being empty nesters. Baby girl has already endured 2 days of new classes and professors as well. Suffice it to say that Volleyball 101 will be a breeze...hello, 3 years of middle school ball, 4 years of varsity ball, and 6 years of club and coaching. LOL Now, Oral Rehab...that is another story. God Bless that child (and group projects...hate!!!).
Last night hubby and I made a dish out of one of my "newer" cookbooks...Make Ahead Paleo.
Smoky Fall Spice-Rubbed Skirt Steak...melt in your mouth fall y'all!
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp dry mustard
1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp coriander
1/2 tsp granulated garlic
2 tsp granulated onion
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp allspice
3/4 tsp rosemary
3/4 tsp cinnamon
2 pounds skirt steak
2 TBSP honey
1. Place the rub ingredients in a small bowl, and stir to combine.
2. Cut the skirt steak into thirds so it's easier to handle on the grill. Sprinkle the rub mixture on all sides of the steak pieces. Really rub it in with your hands to distribute it evenly. Place the meat in a large zip-top bag.
3. Drizzle the honey into the bag, push out all the air, and seal. Now squish the meat around in the bag and get the honey all over the pieces. Place this bag inside a 1 gallon freezer bag and freeze until needed. (we marinated ours and cooked in the same day)
1: Thaw the steaks in the refrigerator overnight. Remove the steaks from the refrigerator and allow them to warm up to room temperature. Meanwhile, preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
2. Grill the steaks for 2-3 minutes per side for medium-rare. Remove from the heat to a warm plate, tent with foil, and let them rest for 10 minutes.
3. Slice the steaks against the grain, and serve.
We served a mix of grilled veggies (zucchini, yellow squash, red onion and mixed peppers) alongside.
This dish really is reminiscent of fall flavors!! Enjoy.