Monday, July 8, 2013

Beauty-full Mondays

Okay, so I realized I have a lot of beauty products that I truly LOVE...and I feel like I have been holding out on my readers by not sharing.  So, I decided to post some of my favorites on Mondays-hence Beauty-full Mondays was born.

Today will be all about my favorite skin care products for my face.  And yes, they are few...I have sensitive skin and do NOT like to use a ton of products.  In this category, I have found LESS is definitely MORE!

Who knew I would find my beloved facial cleanser and moisturizer at Trader Joes???!!! Get out!
As I mentioned, I have sensitive skin (I grew up an Ivory girl).  The cleanser does a great job of removing my makeup at night, and the moisturizer is super light, not greasy at all.

I love this Vitamin C serum by Avalon Organics.  Super light, and I do notice a visible difference using it. I found mine at Whole Foods, but I do believe Target carries it as well.  A little pricey, but a LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY!

I had purchased a Clarisonic Mia for my oldest when they first came out, and was considering a Clarisonic for myself and my youngest when we stumbled upon this version by Olay.  Run, don't walk, and get yourself one!  I noticed a difference in the feel of my skin  the first time I used it.  It has two speed settings and is under $30!  It left my face feeling as smooth as a baby's bottom.  I use it 2-3 times a week along with the Pro X cleanser.

And, yes my friends...it is as simple as that!  I told you, I am not a fan of glopping on the products.  

If you decide to try any of these I would love to know what you think.

***I have not been compensated by any of the above companies...I just love their products!

9 comments:

Karena said...

Hi Lauren I am at Trader Joe's every week! I am always willing to try a recommended product. Oh and I currently treat myself to Vitamin E cream 3 to 4 times a week, so I may try the C as well!

Guess what when I saw the Olay Pro X I immediately bought it. After all of the surgeries; the toll on my skin was terrible! I felt I looked 15 years older. Plus my skin and body needed extra nourishment.

xoxo
Karena
2013 Artists Series

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

I bought my daughter a clarisonic and she loves it - who knew the less expensive one would be good too!

Lobster Meets Peach said...

I will have to look for that serum. While i do use a ton of sunscreen I feel like I need a little "help" after a week at the lake and more pool time to come.

Val said...

I will have to put these on a list of things to try. Thanks for sharing.

Preppy Empty Nester said...

GREAT post, Lauren!! I am definitely going to Trader Joes and Whole Foods ASAP. I have a clarisonic mia. Just bought new brushes for it yesterday. Never knew they were so pricey.

Christine @ Suburban Charm said...

I've seen a lot written about the vitamin c serum and have been thinking about trying it. I'm going to give yours a try! I have a million beauty products but only end up using a few because I'm so drop dead tired at bedtime that I don't want to spend 30 minutes doing a skincare routine with 10 steps!

Katie said...

i like the less is more! so many of those face washes and companies have so many steps you need to do!

emily said...

I need to try the TJs products you mentioned. I absolutely love their body lotion. I used to hoard it when we went out to CA, but thankfully, one opened up close by!

Leslie said...

Fun post! I've tried the Avalon Organics and really like the line and Oil of Olay seems to have a cult following and works nicely on sensitive skin. Enjoy your day!!