Friday, April 12, 2013

Chachacha...changes~

I think I mentioned awhile back that we would have some landscaping projects to tackle in the near future.  Well, that would be because of this...

Before:


You can see where our fence was in relationship to the garden (which we just expanded with two more boxes up front).

Just outside the fence (left side) we had to take down around 12 or so Leland Cypress trees that had succumbed to disease.  When we moved our fence to where it is in this picture the trees were already there, so we fenced inside of the tree line not on our property line. Since they are now gone we decided to move our fence to just inside our property line (meeting up with an existing post at the top where our neighbor had tied in for privacy with our permission) and because they had planted a tree that was right on the line.  It is a pretty tree and healthy, so why have them take it down.

During:


You can see the new section of fence being constructed quite a bit out from the existing.  It widens at the top.

After:





A lot more yard!  If you look back at the before you can see how close the fence was in relation to the pear trees and the garden.  My brother, who is a landscaper, needs to come out and regrade the hill and then we will plant.  We have already purchased a couple cedars and a few fruit trees for the space.

I know our dogs will be in heaven, especially our Cairn terrier who loves to run.  Our 13 year old Golden may never get up to the top of the hill these days! Bless his heart, bad hips.

10 comments:

Formerly known as Frau said...

Looks nice and so jealous you have a garden. Have a wonderful weekend!

Tara {The Silver Lining} said...

The style of your fence is so pretty! And wow, what a lot of yard. So nice. I'm jealous of your garden and fruit trees to come! We had a mature orange tree in the back yard of our last house that produced quite a lot of oranges, and I already miss it. But I'm thinking the pool will help me get over it! :)

Blondie's Journal said...

This looks so nice, I know it was a lot of work but so worth it. You have such a great yard! I've always wanted to do raised beds but lately with all the bunnies wreaking havoc on my veggies, I'm not sure it's worth the time.

Just found your blog and love it! :)

XO,
Jane

jackie jade said...

what a difference - so much more space! can't wait to see more!
-- jackiejade.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Great yard and beautiful fence!
I had Cairns growing up and I have (my third) golden puppy that I feature every Sunday if you want to come meet Gibbs! Have a great weekend.
xo Nancy
Powellbrower.com

Anonymous said...

What an awesome use of your space! Makes me want to go out and re-evaluate our own back yard. Thanks for the inspiration.

-Melia

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Your yard is lovely. Our garden is raised beds too. Our dogs also love romping around our space. Enjoy your Sunday.

Katie said...

that is awesome! i love your yard!

Preppy Empty Nester said...

Lauren... looks great. Wow all those trees were removed??? Cha ching. We need two to be removed and I keep putting off calling for an estimate. What a great yard you have! You've got lucky doggies!

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

Your yard looks wonderful, and now you have so much more space! So nice.