Saturday, September 23, 2017

Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Finger-Licking Good Fried Chicken~

Happy Saturday!



I had a few requests for this recipe on Instagram, so I thought I'd post it here.  This is not a new to us recipe.  I originally posted it back in 2014.  The recipe comes from Ina Garten's cookbook, Family Style.

In my original post, we had adapted the recipe to be gluten free only (just sub gluten free flour).  This time around however we had to omit the dairy (buttermilk).  Turns out this is easy peasy.

To make 1 Cup of dairy free buttermilk sub one of the following:

1 cup almond milk with 1 TBS white vinegar

1 cup soy milk with 1 TBS white vinegar

1 cup coconut milk with 1 TBS white vinegar

Since we do not consume either almond nor soy milk (due to sensitivities), we used coconut.

The recipe calls for 1 quart buttermilk, so 4 cups of your choice of dairy free milk and 4 Tablespoons white vinegar. Whisk together.

Of course if you have no allergy concerns, you can certainly make the original recipe.

The recipe can be found here.


4 comments:

Junkchiccottage said...

Yum this looks so good. I am going to go over and pin this recipe. Thanks for sharing Lauren. Have a great new week ahead.
xoox
Kris

Decor To Adore said...

I love fried chicken. This looks really good. I am wondering what else could be used instead of soy as I am allergic. Perhaps I will stay with the buttermilk. :)
Have a wonderful fall week!

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

Fried chicken is always a winner in my book. I've been craving it lately too...probably because I saw this on your IG. :)

Lisa said...

Yum! Fried chicken! Looks delicious!!