Wow! I posted a pic of this one on Instagram and Facebook, and so many begged for the recipe. Y'all know I am not one to keep a good recipe to myself ;-)
Cilantro-Lime Grilled Chicken with Strawberry-Jalapeño
2 limes, zested and juiced
2 TBS olive oil
1 tsp honey
1/2 C fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
4 thinly sliced boneless chicken breasts (you can also butterfly regular chicken breasts and pound thin)
Coarse Black Pepper (we use white since I cannot have black)
For the Strawberry-Jalapeño Salsa:
2 C diced strawberries
1 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
1/4 C plus 1 TBS minced red onion
1 1/2 TBS finely chopped cilantro
1/2 lime, juiced
1. In a shallow bowl, whisk together the lime zest, lime juice, olive oil, honey and cilantro with a pinch of salt. Briefly set aside.
2. If you are not using chicken cutlets, place each breast between plastic wrap or wax paper and pound thin using a meat tenderizer or rolling pin.
3. Place the pounded chicken breasts into a large Ziploc bag, pour the marinade over, seal and smoosh to be sure all the breasts are evenly coated. Marinate for at least 20 minutes, the longer the better.
4. While your chicken is marinating, place all the ingredients for the salsa in a medium bowl. Gently mix the ingredients with a fork (you don't want to smoosh your strawberries), and season with salt to taste. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
5. Heat a clean, lightly oiled grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Remove the chicken breasts from the marinade and pat them dry. Season both sides of each breast with kosher salt and coarse black pepper.
6. When the grill/grill pan is hot, add the chicken and cook for about 3 1/2 minutes per side until grill marks appear and chicken is just cooked through.
7. Remove chicken to a plate and serve with strawberry-jalapeño salsa.
We served green beans as the side.
Y'all this salsa would be amazing by itself served with a big bowl of tortilla chips!