Sticky Garlic Brown Rice Noodles
8 oz of gluten-free noodles (brown rice, quinoa noodles, zucchini noodles, etc) *we chose brown rice
3 TBS butter (or ghee, or vegan butter spread) *we used Earth Balance vegan butter
1/2 C (plus a few extra TBS for garnish) green onions, chopped
3 garlic cloves, diced *we used our stand by chopped out of the jar
2 TBS of coconut sugar (or brown sugar) *we chose brown sugar
2 TBS of tamari (or soy sauce) *we used coconut aminos
Optional: 1/2 tsp oyster sauce (we omitted)
1. Boil noodles according to directions until al dente, drain, and set aside (add some butter so they don't stick together after draining).
2. Meanwhile in a saucepan over medium-high heat melt the better.
3. Add the green onions and garlic and stir for about 1 minute until fragrant.
4. Add the sugar and stir vigorously until it is completely dissolved.
5. Add tamari (or soy sauce), and mix in thoroughly.
6. Toss the noodles with the sauce, plate and garnish with fresh green onions.
Original recipe can be found here.
As most of you know, our youngest moved home just before Christmas. When meal planning these days, we try to come up with recipes that will yield enough for leftovers for her to take for lunch the following day to work. This fits the bill. This recipe is easy to double.