Sometimes you just need a quick, easy meal to throw together on a weeknight. But, that doesn't mean it needs to come from a box or lack flavor.
This easy shrimp dish takes 20 minutes tops to prepare, and is packed with flavor.
Honey Garlic Shrimp
1 lb of raw tail on shrimp (remove tails)
2 TBS honey
1/4 C of soy sauce (or coconut aminos or liquid aminos for gluten free/soyfree)
2 cloves of garlic crushed
1 tsp of fresh grated ginger
fresh chopped coriander (cilantro or Chinese parsley)
1. Whisk the honey, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and black pepper together in a bowl.
2. Heat a frying pan over a medium high heat, spray with oil.
3. Add the shrimp and pour in the sauce.
6. Cook until shrimp are cooked through, and the sauce has thickened.
7. Sprinkle with fresh chopped coriander (cilantro/Chinese parsley).
8. Serve over Jasmine rice.
Note: The original recipe found here calls for cooking the shrimp on wooden skewers in the frying pan and brushing the shrimp with the sauce. We chose to place them directly in the pan and saute in the sauce.
We used the frozen Jasmine rice packets from Trader Joes that can be steamed in the microwave.