Those of you that follow me on instagram know that we had Spicy wings for dinner last night. They were super easy to prepare and tasted delicious. Just the right mix of heat and sweet.
Spicy Sriracha Chicken Wings
Recipe originally found on paleoleap.com
Serves: 2 Prep: 15 min. Cook: 35 min.
2 lbs. chicken wings
1 tsp. garlic powder
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 tbsp. fresh cilantro leaves, minced
Ingredients for the Sriracha-based sauce
5 tbsp. olive oil
1/4 cup raw honey (optional, we used-this is gives it the sweet factor)
1/4 cup sriracha sauce
1 tbsp. coconut aminos (we used regular organic sugar since I cannot have coconut)
Juice of 1 lime
1. Preheat your oven to 400*
2. In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, honey, sriracha, coconut aminos and lime juice.
3. In a large bowl, combine the chicken wings, garlic powder, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Arrange chicken wings on a parchment paper covered baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes, flipping them over halfway through.
5. Brush the wings with Sriracha mixture and place them under the broiler for 3-4 minutes, or until crisp and crusted (I broiled them about 3 minutes, then flipped and broiled approx. another 2-3 minutes).
6. Serve immediately, garnished with fresh cilantro (we omitted this part since I didn't have any on hand).
We served it with a side of Gluten-Free Potato Salad with Fresh Green Beans and Tarragon Dressing.
Prep: 30 min. Cook Time: 15 minutes
3 lbs. fresh new potatoes
1 lb. gluten free bacon
1 lb. fresh green beans
1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. gluten free dry mustard
1 tsp. dried, crushed tarragon leaves
1 minced clove garlic
1/4 cup tarragon vinegar (we found this at Whole Foods)
1/4 cup gluten free chicken broth
1/2 cup light olive oil
Freshly ground pepper, to taste
** If you do not have celiac's or a gluten sensitivity you can use your normal version of the ingredients.
1. Fry bacon until crisp and drain on paper towels. When cool crumble.
2. Slice unpeeled potatoes 1/4 inch thick and boil just until tender, but not soft, about 15 minutes. Drain. While potatoes are boiling, cut green beans into 2-inch pieces and steam for about 7 minutes, or just until tender.
3. Place cooked potatoes, green beans, sliced green onions and parsley in a large bowl.
4. In a medium bowl combine light olive oil, gluten-free chicken broth, tarragon vinegar, minced garlic, dried tarragon, dry mustard, salt and pepper. Whisk until combined. Pour dressing over vegetables and use a large spatula to gently coat vegetables. Add crumbled bacon and combine gently.
5. Serve immediately at room temperature or chill (we made our the day before and had it chilled).
A nice twist on the traditional mayonaise based potato salad, and perfect for picnics as it keeps longer.