Wednesday, August 25, 2010

She Came to Play~

Well...still no pics of the renovations, but I promise they are coming soon.  We just spent the afternoon cleaning the carpets in the front rooms.  I will spend the next couple of days tweaking things, as I am hosting my first Willow House (formerly Southern Living at Home and Taste of Home Entertaining) party for a friend on Sunday.  My girlfriends are on pins and needles waiting to see what we've done now! LOL

We are also currently "Puppy Sitting" our "grandchild" for our oldest daughter who is in the midst of Sorority Rush Week.

We are now officially in the high school volleyball season.  We have a new Varsity coach this year and a young team, so it is all a learning experience.  But, I do have to brag on my child!!  In one match last night she single handedly served 18 points (plus 3 Aces) in one match (that went to 3 games to 25pts. each).  She was on fire.  My husband video tapes every game for stats and for her to watch later in the week.  A couple sitting just behind him made the comment, "who is this kid?"  It took all he had not to turn around and say, "that's MY daughter and she's a college prospect!"  I told him he should have! LOL This is her 3rd year on the Varsity team and we couldn't be prouder.

I promise to post pics from games soon too, but the desktop is in one of the rooms that currently has damp carpet.

2 comments:

Megan // Honey We're Home said...

That is just awesome! Y'all must be so proud. She's so blessed to have parents so interested in her life and supportive of her interests. For contrast, my son got his first tooth today! It's all relative, huh?! :)

Unknown said...

I'm your newest follower and also happen to be a mom of two daughters, one plays volleyball and soccer and the other plays soccer. There is nothing more fun than watching my daughters play sports. I played volleyball and ran track in college. You have your daughter in the right sport. Volleyball is so fun and you can play it forever. I still play on the beach and coach an under 12 year old travel club team. Glad to find another volleyball mom who enjoys decorating!