Monday, August 30, 2010

House Tour Part One~

Well, I have finally managed to take some pictures of the 1st floor of our home.  I am not the best photographer when it comes to dealing with indoor lighting, so I will apologize for the "not so great" pictures ahead of time.  Plus, it has been overcast lately making it even more difficult to capture the rooms in their best light.

First up...the recently renovated kitchen.  We changed out the countertops, from Mediterrean Blue Corian to Cocoa Brown Corian, added new subway tile,new under cabinet lighting, a fresh coat of paint on the cabinets, walls and ceilings, antiqued the island, and changed out a few accessories.  We are really loving the new look.  A little bit more contemporary than the French Country look we did have (picture blues, reds, golds with a toile motif), but yet with a little bit of that Southern touch.


Next up, the family room.  This is where we spend most of our time.  Within the last year we painted the fireplace surround and entertainment center a rich chocolate brown and then distressed it.  Recently we painted the walls and ceilings.  Wow, what a difference painted ceilings make.  Now everyone notices all the beautiful crown moldings we have!  I then added my favorite Southern Living At Home and Potterybarn accents.  I am loving the color combo of the rich chocolate with the red and aqua blue.











Next up, the dining room...we purchased the table, buffet and wine bar about two years ago.  The chairs belonged to our old dining set.  I painted them a wedgewood/slate blue, then distressed them.  I love the mismatched look.



Next we have the Living Room turned Library/Music Room...we never used this room until we added the bookshelves and the piano!  Now it is everyone's favorite place to read or play a board game.





On to the office...





And finally, the front hall and downstairs bath...




Hope you enjoyed the tour.  I hope to have pictures of the upstairs soon. We just recently finished installing new hardwood flooring in every room and the upstairs hall ourselves.  And, there's been some juggling of rooms.  Our younger daughter finally got the "big" room across the hall she has been wanting for years!  Big sis moved to her 1st apartment.  But, of course she still wants a room at home...so that meant redoing little sister's old room!  Fruit basket turnover!!



16 comments:

Judy said...

I love every room Lauren! You've got to do a tutorial or "how to" on that fireplace surround, it's just gorgeous.

Have a great day!
Judy

Brittany said...

Every room is simply stunning! I'm looking forward to part 2 :) You've got a great eye for decorating!

Megan // Honey We're Home said...

Wow! What a wonderful home you've created. I especially love the fireplace and the dining room table and chairs. It sounds like a lot of work has gone into it all. I'm excited to see the second floor.

Christine said...

Lauren, your home looks great and is definitely a renovation inspiration! I especially love your kitchen. The Cocoa Brown Corian(r) with the white cabinets and soft brown walls makes the room look so cozy and inviting, which can be difficult to pull off in such a functional room. I also really like that you kept the color scheme consistent through your home - each room flows very nicely into the others. You should post some photos of your update to our Corian(r) Home Facebook page and show off your hard work to the rest of our home improvement community: http://www.facebook.com/corianhome - I'm sure everyone there would love to see them. Christine from DuPont

kinga from blueloom said...

You have a beautiful home. I love the idea of having a desk in the kitchen area.
Kinga

Maillardville Manor said...

I love a great house tour!!!!!

Kim @ Twice Remembered said...

*sigh* I just love, love, love everything that you have done! I just about swooned over that fireplace...gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing this with me - you have a great sense of style and color!

Simply LKJ said...

Thank you all for the sweet comments. I am really hoping to share the upper level in the next few weeks. We are currently working on our oldest daughters room (the last to get done since she is only here occassionally when home from school and not at her own apartment).

Unknown said...

What a great home! You have done so much. I love the little spot under the stairs! Anxious to see more.

Jennifer said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog! Yod do have a beautiful home!

-Jen
http://www.dishesandsocks.com/

Marci said...

What a beautiful home you have filled with so many pretty things. I have really enjoyed this tour.

goodhealthdiva said...

I greatly enjoyed this post, your home is so lovely!!!

Beth of designPOST Interiors said...

Hi! Just found your blog and loved "looking" around your home!

Colleen said...

I love your house. the dining room is so pretty and the kitchen! love!!!

Stacey said...

Your home is very pretty! Just found you and I'm glad I did. :)

Beautifully Seaside // Formerly Chic Coastal Living said...

You have a beautiful home! Love the photos!