Wow, it's been AWHILE! 6 months to be exact. A lot has happened these past six months. For those of you who follow me on Instagram and Facebook, you know where my attention has been focused. I finally feel we are at a point where I can step back into the world of blogging, but I can tell you that just like before my family will always be my number one priority. So, that may mean five to six posts a week or it may mean one.
My plan and desire is to share openly with my readers about what we have been through these past six months, I just need to put all my thoughts together. God has blessed us tremendously, and it is just too good not to share it all with you.
But for now, I will leave you with a recipe that several of my IG friends had requested. With so many having just started school, this is a great recipe for a busy weeknight.
Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Tater Tot Casserole
1 pound ground chicken
1 TBS olive oil
1/4 C flour (we use gluten free)
1 1/2 C chicken broth (we use Pacific brand)
1/4 C cream, buttermilk, or milk (we use flax milk/Dairy Free)
1 tsp dried parsley
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried dill
1 tsp dried chives
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
32 oz frozen tater tots
2 TBS butter (we use Earth Balance/Dairy and Soy Free)
1/2 C buffalo wing sauce
1/2 C shredded carrots (optional)
1/4 C chopped celery (optional)
1 1/2 C shredded cheddar cheese (we use Follow Your Heart/Dairy and Soy Free)
1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
2. Add ground chicken and cook (breaking up with a spatula) until no longer pink.
3. Sprinkle in flour and stir to coat cooked chicken.
4. Slowly stir in chicken broth and bring to a simmer for 2-3 minutes to thicken and reduce sauce.
5. Stir in cream (or buttermilk, milk).
6. Add dried seasonings and salt and pepper and stir all to combine.
7. Let cook and additional 2-3 minutes until sauce is nice and thickened up.
8. Melt butter in microwave in a large microwave safe mug or cup.
9. Add buffalo sauce and stir to combine.
10. Spray crock well with non-stick spray.
11. Add 1/2 of the tater tots.
12. Drizzle with 1/2 of the buffalo sauce/butter mixture.
13. Cover with the meat mixture.
14. Top with carrots, celery and bleu cheese if desired.
15. Add remaining tater tots and drizzle with remaining buffalo sauce.
16. Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
17. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 2-3 hours.
You can also bake this in the oven. Follow steps 1-9, then spray a 9 x 13 inch backing dish and layer as mentioned above. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until tater tots are crisp.
You can find another great Tater Tot recipe linked below. Enjoy!
Sloppy Joe Tater Tot Casserole