Wednesday, July 5, 2017

A "Poppin" 4th with Skinnypop Popcorn~

Hello friends.  Happy day after 4th of July.  I pray everyone had a safe and fun holiday.  In typical Atlanta fashion, it rained on and off all day.  Boo.  But, that didn't stop us from having a little fun on our covered porch.

I was recently contacted by the Outreach Coordinator for Skinnypop Popcorn. They have put together a great list of cocktail and popcorn pairings to enjoy this summer.  Most of you know, we love our popcorn!  I couldn't pass up an opportunity to share a brand that we have come to love with my readers.

Please note, I am in no way being compensated for this post.  All opinions are that of my own.

What I love most about the brand is their packaging.  When selecting a bag you know exactly what you are getting.  No hidden ingredients, nothing I can't pronounce.

Dairy Free (in the case of their White Cheddar popcorn, a win for this dairy free family)
Non GMO
Gluten Free
Peanut Free
Tree Nut Free
Preservative Free
No Artificial Flavors
Zero Trans Fat
and DELICIOUS!









How fun are these simple pairings? Moscow Mule/Original, Blueberry Mojito/Sea Salt & Pepper, Blackberry Smash/Aged White Cheddar/Dairy Free White Cheddar, White Peach Sangria/Naturally Sweet, Coconut Margarita/ Pepper Jack/Jalapenó.

We decided to get a little creative ourselves.  We were thrilled to learn that Skinnypop White Cheddar Popcorn is dairy free.  And Rosé wine is so hot now.  So, why not combine the two?  Who doesn't love wine and cheese?

The table setting came together quickly with things I already had around the house.  I will share the recipe for the Rosé Lemonade at the end of the post.  The perfect cocktail for a hot humid summer day.

To anchor the table setting I used my galvanized tray and lanterns from Target.  For the centerpiece I used a small white pitcher from Home Goods that I tied a bit of red, white and blue ribbon around and filled with inexpensive carnations from Trader Joes.  The blue and white J napkins were a gift from a girlfriend.  We had blue Solo cups on hand as well as the red and white striped paper straws.  My #2 created the "Have a Poppin' 4th of July" flags on her computer for me.  We attached them to the straws with a bit of double stick tape.  The red and white popcorn bucket is an old Target dollar section find we use for movie nights. My go to glass pitcher and wine glasses finished it off. Y'all we pulled this off in 20 minutes.  




The Solo cups filled with the White Cheddar popcorn are the perfect portion size, and the cute little flags just add a festive touch.  This could be done with any number of the colored cups available for a variety of holidays.  Think the Naturally Sweet popcorn in red Solo cups with a bit of red, white and pink sprinkles on top.  Attach one of those yummy cinnamon gummy hearts to the straws and you've created a fun, sweet treat in no time.


I just loved the blush pink color of the Rosé Lemonade.  Sliced lemons in the pitcher and on the rim of the glasses just scream summertime. 



A closer look at the darling flags #2 designed for the occasion. 


A centerpiece doesn't have to break the bank.  These sweet carnations were under $5, and will last a few weeks.


Rosé Lemonade (original recipe found on kitchn)

Makes 8 servings

Ice
1 (750-milliliter) bottle dry rosé wine
3 cups lemonade (we used Real Time lemon juice-1 C juice, 1 C sugar, 6 1/2 Cups Water)
1 medium lemon, sliced (I used two so we could rim the glasses)
1 (12-ounce) can club soda

Combine the rosé, lemonade, and lemon slices in a large pitcher filled with ice.  Top with club soda.  Pour into 8 glasses, adding ice from the pitcher to each glass as needed.

***This recipe could easily be doubled to fill a drink dispenser making serving a breeze for a larger gathering.

I hope this will inspire you to try the many Skinnypop flavors that are available, and maybe create your own cocktail to go with it.

***photo credit goes to my talented #2





7 comments:

Laura said...

Beaurtiful, Lauren! And so perfect for July 4th!

NanaDiana said...

I saw some of that popcorn at someone's house the other day and they said it was great. I love it when you know WHAT you are getting in the bag and don't have to read unpronounceable words. Hope you have a great rest of the week. xo Diana

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

Rose Lemonade - I'm trying that - yum!

Ron said...

I LOVE Skinny Pop too!

And Rose' lemonade sounds delish and refreshing. Cheers!

xo

Heather said...

Oh yes! I LOVE their popcorn. I just tried the Aged Cheddar the other day...even cheesier tasting than the White Cheddar. :)

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

We love Skinny Pop too! I'm still looking for that jalapeno popcorn you talked about, but haven't found it yet. I did however find some hatch cheddar popcorn. It's white cheddar with hatch chili peppers and it's pretty good!

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Hi Lauren, I have never tried skinny pop. IO know my brother buys it. It is something I need to try. Thanks for the excellent review. Your Patriotic vignette is fabulous. Have a great weekend.