Friday, June 23, 2017

Rain and Summertime Blooms~

Y'all we have had some serious rain here in Atlanta lately. While I do not care for the strong thunderstorms we've experienced most recently, the rain has everything so lush and green this year.

I thought I'd share a few backyard pictures with you today.

Our hydrangeas are huge this year, and the colors so vibrant.



Love the deep crimson and yellow combo of the daylillies.


Our pots started out with just tiny plants and are now full and overflowing.  Potato vine is one of my favorites as it really does well here.


The petunias are gonna need a clip soon as they are getting a little "leggy".


Our Koi just keep getting bigger.  And yes, that would be fishing line across the pond.  We are in close proximity to the Chattahoochee River and the Heron love our Koi!


As I mentioned in an earlier post this week, our herb garden has really benefited from all the rain we've had.  Our sage plants are enormous.

This was our herb garden back in March.

And now.






And, knock out roses are always a win here in the hot south.


Our cherry tomato plant is huge this year as well.  We have already enjoyed handfuls of them.


And, this is my new favorite spot to enjoy it all.  This is the swing #1 built for us for Christmas.


I hope you can get out and enjoy a bit of nature this weekend.

4 comments:

Rustown Mom said...

So lush and pretty! The herb garden is wonderful - looks like its going gangbusters! How does the fishing line thwart the heron? They get tangled in it if they try? Just curious! Have a great weekend!

Brandi said...

Your yard is so beautiful, Lauren! I love your koi pond! I agree about all the rain. So nice to see everything growing so nicely!

Laura said...

It's pouring here as I type thanks to tropical storm Cindy!

Junkchiccottage said...

So pretty. I love hydrangeas they are my faves. I hope to put some in my yard next spring after we are officially living in the new house. Happy Weekend.
Kris