Hello, hello! TGIF.
He's down for his morning nap, so I thought I'd pop in and share a yummy recipe we made last night. How many of you remember the good old box of Hamburger Helper? I personally was not a huge fan of it growing up, but hubby was so I knew he would love this recipe. This gluten free, dairy free, healthier version is so much better than the boxed variety I remember eating many a weeknight growing up. #2 approved too. And the best part, one pot!
Homemade Hamburger Helper
1 lb ground beef (we prefer grass fed)
1 C onion, diced
1 tsp each paprika, parsley, oregano, garlic powder, salt
1/2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp tomato paste for extra flavor (optional), you can also add a bit of hot chili sauce if you'd like
1 1/2 C beef broth (we use Pacific brand)
2 1/3 C gluten free noodles (we use Tinkiyada spirals, can be purchased at Whole Foods)
1 C cheddar cheese (we use Daiya Cheddar Shreds, Follow Your Heart is good too)
1-2 tsp gluten-free Worcestershire sauce
1. Preheat a 10 inch skillet with a tight fitting lid over medium heat.
2. Add in your ground beef and diced onion, brown.
3. Add in all the spices.
4. Stir in the liquids and noodles.
5. Bring to a gentle simmer, cover, and turn the heat to low.
6. Simmer about 10-15 minutes until the noodles are tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
7. Remove from the heat, vent the lid, and let rest to absorb the remaining liquid for about 5 minutes.
8. Stir in the cheese and Worcestershire, taste, add more salt if necessary.
Original recipe can be found here.
And now I will leave you will a whole lot of cuteness...
|Left: Week One Right: Week Two|
|Hanging out in my toy basket.|