Thursday, July 14, 2016

Quotes and Word Art in Decor~

Those that know me personally know that I love a good quote.  I also love inspiring scripture verses as well.

When in comes to art in our home, I prefer the pieces reflect who we are and what is important to us. That is where I have found quotes and word art say it best.

Many of the framed pieces around our house I simply created on the computer using Microsoft Word, others were purchased and downloaded off of Etsy, while some were ordered as well...such as the Love is sign.

Here are some pieces that are displayed around our home.  I apologize for the lighting and glare ahead of time.  Bright summer afternoons in Georgia make for some tricky photography and I am no pro!!


A burlap bulletin board I made features several of my favorite quotes and sayings in my home office.


I created the "collect moments not things" print as a reminder of what truly matters.  The Hey Y'all and I am with you always prints were purchased on Etsy.  The verse is one that I clung to when going through testing for cancer a couple years ago.  Praise God, I did not have cancer!! These sit atop the expedite in my home office.


The "Our Nest" sign was purchased from Etsy. The galvanized metal memo board and our sweet pups essentials hooks were created by me.  The cards on the memo board are part of a set of 21 day inspirational quotes I purchased from my dear friend's shop, All Inspired Boutique, here in Atlanta.


If you read my post about the vignettes around our home, you would have seen this quote already.  Again, another reminder to celebrate each and every day.


This quote is from one of my favorite books, Bread and Wine, by Shauna Niequest.  You know we love to cook and hang out in the kitchen.  I don't recall whether I downloaded this from Etsy or from her website.

  
If you follow me on Instagram, you know that I had little fun staining and painting the other day.  This sign hangs in our kitchen by our coffee bar.


I have shared these before, along with a funny story about my mom.  She asked where I purchased them.  I told her I made them.  Then continued to explain how.  My dad then says, "you could too if you knew how to use a computer!"  My mother is so not tech savvy.  She still has a T9 flip phone!!!


This was a hand lettered piece gifted to me by one of my sweet Bible study friends whom I taught with two years ago.  We were studying 1st and 2nd Corinthians last year.


Another downloaded from Etsy.  All I can say is AMEN!! 


Love this quote by Myquillyn Smith, of the Nester.


This is part of a gallery wall in our Master Bedroom.  Our anniversary date.  The bottom is hard to read. It says...from this moment...


Another I created.  Every day should be a good day!


This is also in our Master Bedroom.  I am so thankful that His mercies are INDEED new every day!!


This wood sign was purchased from Joanna Gaines shop. However, it is also sold on the artist's site on Etsy as well.  They are a couple that live right here in Athens, GA.


Love this quote by C.S. Lewis.  I am not 100% sure where I purchased this.  I believe it may have been a download on Myquillyn Smith's Hopeologie site.


This is another sign that hangs over my hubby's nightstand.  I purchased this from my friend's shop here in Atlanta.

There are a few others scattered here and there.  I love that most can easily be changed out if we should choose to.

Have a blessed day!!

Linking up with the lovely ladies for Thoughts of Home on Thursday.

13 comments:

Summer said...

The burlap bulletin board is such a nice and cute idea ♥

summerdaisy.net

Decor To Adore said...

Each word vignette is cuter than the last! Thank you so much for joining the gathering at Thoughts of Home on Thursday.

bj said...

I love words and signs, too...and you have some awesome ones...daughter has the ...but coffee first..and I want one, too...so cute.

Anonymous said...

Art and the wordings in the board are great.

Leslie Harris said...

I'm like you, I love a good quote, and I enjoyed seeing the creative and stylish ways to display them. Especially the burlap board. :)

xo
Leslie

Stacey said...

I just love all of your framed quotes and signs. We have a bunch too and I find that they are comforting reminders of what's important. I've always wanted to get the Hey Y'all sign. Maybe I will. :)

Jemma@athomewithjemma said...

Your precious quotes and signs are marvelous and they are inspiring me to get more!
Great to have you join us at TOHOT too:)
Happy Sunday,
Jemma

Jaybird said...

Lovely signs....You are quite an artist with your computer. Tell your Mom not to feel badly...hubby and I still have flip phones that say hello and goodbye....period....
Since we are old, we have a sign in our hallway that says "Every day is a gift"!
I also have several music related signs including one that quotes the words to the hymn "It is Well with My Soul".
Thank you for a great post...it's fun to see what other people "think".
Blessings,
J

Gina said...

All very pretty and meaningful! I would love to add some word art to the wall in the boys' bathroom. Just need to find the right thing to say!

Lindsay's Sweet World said...

I LOVE that Hey Y'all print! I have that on a pillow and it is one of my favorite pillows in the whole house!

Allison said...

I love your word art used in your decor. I like them all and especially "Collect Moments, not Things" and "Everyday is a Special Occasion". That was one of my mom's favorite sayings. xo

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

So very cute. Why didn't I think of that. Making your own signs is darling.
Word art is beautiful and offers encouragement and enlightment.

Brandi said...

It's so nice to see all of your wall art in one post! You have so many meaningful signs hanging in your home.