While searching Pinterest on Saturday looking for recipes for this week's meal plan, I stumbled across this recipe for an easy one dish skillet meal.
Let me just say, it did not disappoint.
The original recipe can be found here.
20-Minute Shrimp & Sausage Skillet Paleo Meal Recipe
1 lb of medium or large shrimp (peeled and deveined)
6 oz of pre-cooked smoked sausage, chopped (choose your favorite)
3/4 cup diced red bell pepper
3/4 cup diced green bell pepper
1/2 of a medium yellow onion, diced
1/4 cup chicken stock
1 zucchini, chopped
2 garlic cloves, diced
Salt & pepper to taste
Pinch of red pepper flakes
2 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
Olive oil or coconut oil
Optional garnish: chopped parsley
Serves about 4
1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with some olive oil or coconut oil.
2. Season shrimp with Old Bay Seasoning
3. Cook shrimp about 3-4 minutes until opaque-remove and set aside.
4. Cook onions and bell peppers in skillet with 2 tbs of olive oil or coconut oil for about 2 minutes.
5. Add sausage and zucchini to the skillet, cook another 2 minutes.
6. Put cooked shrimp back into skillet along with the garlic, and cook everything for a 1 minute.
7. Pour chicken stock into pan and mix through to moisten everything.
8. Add salt, ground pepper, and red pepper flakes to taste.
9. Remove from heat, garnish with parsley and serve hot.
If you want it less spicy, just use less Old Bay Seasoning and red pepper flakes.