Saturday, December 13, 2014

The World Lost a Bright Light on Friday~


This was a rough weekend for our family.  A former, fellow high school cheerleader -college buddy and dear friend of our oldest daughter lost his life on Friday.  A life taken far too soon.  Josh was a bright light to all he knew, the life of any party.  24 is too young!

I can say, he truly will be remembered for how he made those around him feel...loved, accepted, understood.

My heart and prayers go out to his family, close friends and all whom he touched in his short time on this earth.

God bless you Josh, and rest in His everlasting peace.

***I will be taking a few days off to fly to Texas and bring our baby girl home for the holidays.

13 comments:

bj said...

I am so so sorry.....

Karena said...

Lauren I am so sorry to hear this. Sending love and prayers.
xoxo
Karena

Melissa said...

So very sorry for your loss. Sending you and your family prayers. May his memory be eternal!

Michele @ The Joyful Home said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. Safe travels.

Tery H said...

Lauren I am so sorry for your loss. As a mother of a 24 year old I cannot imagine such pain and sadness. Cherish your time with your children.

Barbara Matson said...

So sorry to hear this. It isn't easy...my daughter lost a friend in her senior year of high school, 2 months before graduation. Hugs.

Nancy said...

I am so very sorry Lauren. God bless Josh and his family. Safe travels to you and your daughter.

Rustown Mom said...

So sorry for your family and for his. This is never a good thing and this time of year makes it so stressful, sad. You're right - 24 is too young. Thinking of you and yours. ):

NanaDiana said...

I am so sorry, Lauren. It is too sad to hear of one so long losing his life---especially during the Holidays. His poor family.

Enjoy your time off. xo Diana

Gypsy Heart said...

God bless his family and each of you. I am so very sorry. It's so very sad to lose anyone but these young people haven't even begun their lives. I have to think that God must have a very special reason for calling them home.

xo
Pat

Lisa Odom said...

So sorry to hear. While my two oldest were in high school a car of four boys was involved in an accident and all four died at the scene. It is so tragic when we have to watch other parents/families of through loosing a child the same age as our children. Life becomes too real.

Go get your girl!

Isaiah 55:8-9 said...

I am so sorry Lauren. Sending prayers for all of you.

Mike @TheIronYou said...

I am so sorry to hear this Lauren. Safe travels.