Wednesday, October 22, 2014

What's for Dinner Wednesday~

Okay, it was actually what was for dinner Monday and Tuesday, but I digress.

Slow-Roasted Filet of Beef with basil parmesan mayonnaise accompanied by Scalloped Potatoes.

Oh so good (the first time and the second time around).


The filet of beef recipe can be found here. And, the scalloped potato recipe here.

Since there are only two of us, we opted for 4 filet tenderloin steaks that we secured with a skewer. Hence why we got two hearty meals from this dish.  We normally serve a peppered beef tenderloin at Christmas with  horseradish sauce, but I am considering using the basil mayo this year as it was quite delicious and the green color would be quite festive.

My apologies for the lack of posts as of late, but we were enjoying spending time with our girls!  Time spent together is few and far between these days.

Have a blessed week my friends!

11 comments:

Mike @TheIronYou said...

Scalloped potatoes: what's not to love about 'em?

Stacey said...

You make the best dinners! My husband would be in heaven if I made steaks more often. :)

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

One thing I rarely make anymore is potatoes, but I made mashed potatoes for Melissa this weekend - her favorite. I love scalloped potatoes and still can't make them like my mom's. I will try your recipe sometime :-)

Karena said...

Enjoy your time with the girls Lauren and thank you for this yummy comfort food recipes (although very elegant)!

xoxo
Karena
The Arts by Karena

Melissa said...

This looks delicious, as your meals always do! Will have to bookmark this one....Hubby would love it!

Unknown said...

This dish looks so delicious! I cannot wait to try both recipes...Happy Wednesday, Laura :)
https://lovecompassionatelee.squarespace.com/thinkoutloud/2014/10/17/101714

Elie said...

Looks yummy, however you can NOT change Christmas dinner! That's my favorite dish I only get once a year and last year because of the flu I only got to enjoy two bites :(

Laura said...

You are such a good cook!
Do you plan your menus by the week?
My husband is so tired of baked chicken.

Laura

Blondie's Journal said...

Family first!!!

I have to check out the fillet recipe. I made something similar tonight and it didn't turn out great. Thanks for your recipes!

Jane xxx

Gypsy Heart said...

Looks delish! Hey, spending time with family trumps blogging, IMHO. :)

xo
Pat

Becky {This Is Happiness} said...

Always so yummy! The scalloped potatoes look amazing!