Thursday, October 20, 2011

Bathroom Drawer & Cabinet Makeover

I recently cleaned out my bathroom makeup drawer and cabinet under the sink.  I used a lot of things I already had but purchased a few new trays for the drawer.  I love to have things organized and right at my fingertips.  It also forced me to get rid of products that had seen their time, or that I no longer used.


As you can see, I am a minimalist when it comes to makeup.  A good foundation, a little bronzer, some eye shadow, liner and a bit of mascara, along with lip gloss or just a little balm are all it takes.  The trays are from IKEA, and can be found here.  They come in a set of three.  I used three in the drawer and one for under the cabinet, and have two to use elsewhere in our home.

Under the cabinet is where I store all of my hair products, styling tools such as brushes, hair clips/ties, girlie stuff, lotions, and nail kit.  The wire mesh carousel was purchased from Target, and the clear drawers from the Container Store.  My blogging BFF, Ashli of Maillardville Manor, was the inspiration behind using both.  Ashli showed how she used them in her bathroom, and I new I had to steal copy her idea.  If you haven't visited Ashli's blog before you are missing out!  She is a whiz at organizing and keeping a home simply yet sophisticated.

Having things organized in my bathroom makes my mornings so much easier.  And, it allows me to see what I have so I am not making unnecessary purchases.  Because let's face it, beauty products can add up real quickly!

Have you organized anything lately?

10 comments:

Tiffany @ Savor Home said...

Well we are on the same page today! I love trays and the carousel! I have got to take a trip to IKEA. I have never been. Shhhh... don't tell anyone...

Tara {The Silver Lining} said...

I definitely need to organize my bathroom drawer and cabinets. They've been driving me crazy as things continue to pile up. Yours look great!!

Simply Camylla said...

I love this!!
You have inspired me to go home and clean out my bathroom! hehe

Happy Thursday girlie <3
Simplycamylla.blogspot.com

natasha {schue love} said...

OH I really need to do this with our bathroom! It's SOOO cluttered right now! You did a great job!

henning love said...

i'm a minalist too when it comes to makeup as well. your organization is so neat, great job!

Maillardville Manor said...

LOOKS AWESOME!!!!
Thanks for the shout out, your awesome!!!
Lots of Love
Ashli

Anonymous said...

I have been wanting to organize my make-up for weeks now! You did a fantastic job - everything looks so neat and organized. I am in love with that mesh carousel. What part of Target did you find it?

Michaela said...

Looking great! I love organizing drawers. I wish I had more time to go through and get containers for every little thing I have (:

emily said...

Looks great! I need to pick up some of those organizers next time I am at Ikea.

Unknown said...

Wow! Mine is a disaster. I so need to get these containers. My makeup collection looks like yours. Those trays are great. And I love your new white coat from Target. Super cute.