Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Simply Christmas 2016~

Merry Christmas friends!

The sun finally came out today, which allowed my sweet baby girl to take some long overdue pictures of our Christmas decor to share with all of you.

I will let the pictures do the talking since there are so many, and I want you to make it to the end.

Welcome to our home...






someone is always eager to greet our guests!


The foyer.



Monogrammed wreaths adorn the french doors leading into the office.


The powder room.




The library.

Our Christmas village a top our piano.




A simple vignette in my favorite dough bowl.


A sweet message on a pillow and hubby's childhood rocker.


A simply vignette.  Our favorite Christmas book, Let's Keep Christmas a sermon by Peter Marshall.


It's all about plaid this year!


A few more of our favorite books.  Highly recommend Mr. Willowby's Christmas Tree.  A sweet gift from a friend who always admires our monster size tree!


We decided to hang our cards from some jute twine this year.  So many have beautiful backs as well as fronts, this allows us to see both!



Our vintage white tree adorned with Shiny Brite ornaments passed down to me by my sweet 98 year old MIL.





The dining room.









The kitchen, the heart of our home!












Our family room, complete with Mr. Willowby's Christmas tree...all 12 feet of her!




My favorite vignette, my Willow Tree nativity gifted to me by my sweet hubby a few years ago.



A beautiful hand written verse from 1 Corinthians a sweet friend gifted me last year as we studied the book in Bible study together.


and yes, the pups are spoiled in the house...all "5" of them!!! Thinking it might be "6"next year as baby girl has her heart set on a Golden Retriever puppy to train as a therapy dog. 



The fireplace and mantle, always a favorite.  It's all about what's in those stockings come Christmas morning in our house!!


You'll find ice skates here and there...our girls put in many hours at the rink back in the day, before school and after school.  Each scuff represents a lot of hours and things learned (sometimes the hard way ;-)


Love this pillow I found at Home Goods this year.  


And because she is the "princess"...we'll leave you with this sweet one.


Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas, may God bless each of you and your sweet families this holiday season and in the New Year!  

I am grateful for each and everyone of you and your friendship.

With love and gratitude,
Lauren





10 comments:

Ron said...

It looks so great, Lauren. I love the swags on the front porch posts. Merry Christmas to you and your family. Thanks for being such a great blog friend. xoxo

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

Merry Christmas Lauren!

Decor To Adore said...

Such a welcoming porch and I adore all of your interior Christmas vignettes~ particularly the ice skates. Wishing you all the love, joy and peace of season as well as a very Happy New Year!

Leslie Harris said...

Lauren your home looks amazing!! I can't believe how stately and elegant your exterior is, and I love those skates and the story of your girls at the rink all those years. Does your daughter take your photos? That is so sweet. Merry Christmas sweet friend!
xo
Leslie

bj said...

Every thing looks beautiful for a perfect Christmas, honoring our perfect God...
Merriest to you and those you love...xoxo

Billie Jo said...

Lauren,
I so enjoyed visiting you in your beautiful home!
I love all your festive decor!!!
What a lovely space you have created to enjoy with your family.
And that tree!
Enjoy every moment.
So glad we connected here!
Merry Christmas!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Love your beautifully decorated home for Christmas!...and must say that I am loving your vintage tree and ornaments that your 98 year old Mother-in-Law gave to you!....so very, very special.
Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Gina said...

It all looks so bright and merry and I LOVE the dining room - straight out of Southern Living magazine!

Jen said...

Very late in telling you I really enjoyed the Christmas tour of your house. So many special touches!
Wishing you a wonderful Christmas with your family
Take care
Jeannette

Lustrous.ie said...

Hope you had a lovely family Christmas Lauren and all the best for 2017:)