Wednesday, October 7, 2015

What's for Dinner Wednesday~Sweet Mustard Roast

Still feeding this cold over here.  Had to share this yummy recipe hubby prepared yesterday, as it is that time of year to pull out the crockpots.  This is a hearty meal for a busy weeknight.


This recipe comes from the January/February 2014 issue of Simply Gluten Free Living.  This is one of my go to magazines for healthy gluten free recipes.  This recipe is gluten free, grain free, dairy free, egg free, nut free, soy free, refined sugar free.

Sweet Mustard Roast

Ingredients:

1 (4-5 pound) beef or pork roast, trimmed (we chose beef this time)
1/3 C molasses
1/3 C Dijon mustard (if gluten free be sure to use a brand that is labeled as such)
2 TBS white or apple cider vinegar (we used apple cider vinegar)
1 tsp garlic powder

Use a 4-6 quart slow cooker.  Place the meat into your cooker and add the molasses, mustard, vinegar, and garlic powder.  Using kitchen tongs, flip the meat over a few times inside of the pot to distribute the sauces.  Don't worry too much about covering the meat evenly.  It will cook just fine and you can stir it again later.

Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat has relaxed and begun to lose it shape.  Pull the meat apart using 2 large kitchen forks or slice the meat with a sharp knife.  Serve with a green salad and mashed potatoes for a complete meal.

Of course, hubby opted for the mashed potato sans green salad!  Who was I to argue when he was the one preparing the meal?

Hope you enjoy!!

6 comments:

Allison said...

I love that is time to bring out the crock pots and this meal looks super delicious! Yummy comfort food. I am going to pass this recipe along to my hubby. Since I've been out commission the last few weeks he's been doing the cooking. Thanks for sharing your recipe Lauren and I hope each day you're feeling a bit better. Take good care.

Beautifully Seaside // Formerly Chic Coastal Living said...

This sounds so yummy and I'm going to save the recipe! Thank you sweetie for sharing! I hope you have a great weekend! XO

Nancy said...

um, yummy, adding this to my grocery list and menu rotation. :)

Gina said...

Sounds yummy! Feel better soon - that roast would sure help me feel warm and cozy!

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

This dish sounds and look divine. Perfect for a Fall meal and easy. Gotta love those crockpot dinners. Thanks for sharing. I will try this soon. Blessings

Christy @ 11 Magnolia Lane said...

This looks just amazing--and I love anything that can be cooked in a Crock Pot!