Monday, November 17, 2014

The Weekend and A Movie Recommendation~

All, I had a wonderful time with my #2 out in Texas for her sorority's mom's weekend.  On Saturday, they brought together the group (in two shifts as they are quite large) to paint together.  Let's just say, get 100 or so ladies in one room to paint the same thing, and you will get 100 or so versions of said thing. This time it was sunflowers.

Love this one's bright smile!


Suited up and ready to paint.  Don't want to ruin our cute Mom's Weekend t-shirts!!


The finished products!  You didn't want to see the process...CRAZY!!  Let's just say, the artist in charge was moving way faster than the rest of us.


They will be fun keepsakes to remember our weekend.  And, we are already planning to try our hand at something else along with her sister during the holidays.



While in Texas,  she and I also had the chance to see the movie Saving Christmas.  I highly recommend seeing it.  I know many of us are overwhelmed this time of year with all that has to get done, and sometimes we feel we have lost the true meaning of Christmas.  The movie makes a great connection between our modern day traditions and what Christmas is all about in God's eye.  I will say, we were wondering where the movie was going in the beginning as it looked like a really bad home movie, but stick with it, trust me, it will all make sense in the end. I loved the symbolism in the movie.  I will look at many different aspects of our modern day Christmas with new eyes, and a different perspective.

It is only playing in 400 theaters across the U.S., so you will want to google locations to see if it is playing in a theater near you.

We are expecting the artic chill to get here tomorrow.  High is only going to be in the 20-30s!  Oh, but it will be back to the 60s next week.  Cough, cough...sneeze, sneeze. Ugh!!

Have a blessed week everyone!!



16 comments:

Jamie said...

What a great time with your daughter!

lindley said...

I think the artwork was awesome! Good job, girls! You know the Pan building was not built when I was there! So fun that your daughter has that! What sorority?
Also, love a good movie rec! Thanks!

Brandi said...

Glad you enjoyed a nice weekend with your daughter. Your paintings turned out really nice.

Laura said...

Lauren, y'all did an awesome job on your painting! They look great and I love the non-traditional yellow and blue/turquoise! A GREAT momento of the weekend!

Haven't seen the movie yet, but it's got my teen crush in it, so I'm sure I'll be seeing it! So glad God managed to turn his life around! While I was crushing on him back in the '80's and '90's, I think Kirk was a professed atheiast.

Beautifully Seaside // Formerly Chic Coastal Living said...

So glad you had fun at the painting party! I really want to see that movie!

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

Mother daughter weekends are the best!

Karena said...

What a great time with your daughter! Love the painting event!

xoxo
Karena
The Arts by Karena

Rustown Mom said...

That looks like a lot of fun - my girlie did a similar activity during recruitment week(s). They did a Baylor Bear - when she gave it to ME I wanted to cry. (: In a good way! I don't think I will be going to any movies anytime soon, but this one is on my list! This time next year I expect all of this knee misery to be just a vague memory...

NanaDiana said...

Oh- You and your daughter are so cute and your paintings are wonderful!!!! What a lot of fun that must have been.

Bundle up and hope it doesn't get too cold. We are way below freezing here for several days in a row now and the wind is WICKED!!!! xo Diana

Katie said...

I LOVE painting parties! I want to do another one! and why is it SOO cold this week?!?!

Melissa said...

Looks like it was a wonderful weekend! The paintings are terrific! Very impressive :).

Ron said...

Looks like a great time with your daughter. Both paintings are really great! xo

Anne said...

What a fab time Lauren and gorgeous paintings:)
~Anne

Preppy Empty Nester said...

Great pics, Lauren. Love your paintings too. Sounds like you and your darling daughter made many memories this weekend.

Lisa Odom said...

Great job on the paintings! Looks like a lot of fun!

This weather is so weird! It is too cold too early!

Allison said...

What a wonderful weekend you had Lauren! I love the closeness you have with your daughters. Mother daughter bonds are so special. You two are quite the artists! Your painting are wonderful. My husband is in Atlanta on business for a couple days and then heads to NY. He did mention last night how chilly it was there.