Monday, August 25, 2014

Road Trip~

If you follow me on Instagram, simplylkjblog, you will know that baby girl and I took a road trip this past week.  The end result of that trip was dropping baby girl off at the university for her Senior year!

While the drive is a long one, we I had a lot of fun (when else can you hold your almost 21 year old child captive for 12 hours straight???).

Despite some unnecessary lane closures road construction along the way, we made it in good time and without mom getting another speeding ticket incident.

This is always a welcome sight because it means we are halfway there...


the bridge over the Mississippi River, the state line between Mississippi and Louisiana.

Of course, no trip is without potty breaks (however, you had best REALLY have to go or baby girl and I are NOT stopping).


Sorry for the poor quality photo...this was taken from a moving car with my phone.  We have been trying to get a picture of this for the past couple years.  These sit outside the entrance to a ranch just outside of Waco.  The last time we tried to get pictures, we had slowed down and were just about to pull over when baby girl noticed the owners pulling in behind her. LOL Oops.

And Ron...I will be sure to bring one with when we come to LA next month!!! Amanda said it best, "they will look tres chic in your courtyard."

Baby Girl and I had fun with our phone emojis with this one!!  I will let y'all piece those together.

Baylor always does it up big for the start of the new year...


not a billboard in a 20 mile radius was missed!!  Sic 'em Bears!! (of course, I had to laugh that underneath it says wrong way!)

I got baby girl all settled...groceries, clean room, books (in that order...a girl has to eat, the clean room is for mom's peace of mind, and books, well-dad would like to think that tuition $$$ is going toward something).

All joking aside, we could not be more proud of her.  She will finish her undergraduate degree in 3 years!!!  And, grad school applications are just around the corner.

I flew home Saturday, and arrived home to these...


a beautiful bouquet of flowers, my favorite dish (chicken divan) oven ready, and a CLEAN HOUSE!  Sorry ladies, don't hate me.  Yes, he is a keeper.

This week will be spent adjusting to the quiet again, and keeping our sweet Cairn entertained (she is missing her Auntie Katie, as we call her, something awful).

Next week I will start my weekly Bible Study class, and teach my new group of littles for the first time.  Always love getting back to those sweet little ones who are so eager to learn!

Hope everyone has a fantastic week!!

10 comments:

Stacey said...

How neat that she's finishing in 3 years!! I know you are so proud. And your husband is something to be proud of too. :)

I passed through Waco this weekend too. We went to Port Aransas for several days. On the way back we ate at Health Camp. Have you had a burger there? We've been stopping there my whole life!

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

It is such a good feeling to get them all set up with groceries and everything they need before you leave! Enjoy your last few days before the fall routine starts :-)

Blondie's Journal said...

It's nice that you had the time together on the trip. Some times you have to almost tie them down to have a conversation! Ha!

You sound like a busy gal and yes, a hubby that can cook and clean is a miracle in my eyes!

Jane xx

Brandi said...

I was wondering if you drove home by yourself, that would have been so hard. Glad you enjoyed your time together with your daughter. She is so lucky to have such loving-supportive parents.

Ron said...

I cannot wait to have a toilet in my yard complete with flowers that I can change seasonally. LOL

Nancy said...

way to go on a degree in three years! that's awesome! and your husband is definitely a keeper! hope you had a great first day teaching the littles :)

Laura said...

I recognized that bridge when you posted it on IG! You were 70 miles from me at that point and probably drove right thru my home town of Monroe!! Glad you made it home safely!

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Lauren, I recognized that bridge immediately! Wow, you made quite the drive! I just got back on Sunday evening. Yep...groceries, clean house, books, check! LOL!!

Gypsy Heart said...

Well, you drove right by me on your way! :) I'm glad you were able to spend time with her as well as get things in order for your peace of mind. Love that you had flowers, etc., when you arrived home! I'd say he's definitely a keeper re: cleaning.

xo
Pat

Unknown said...

I love having my adult children captive in the car one-on-one. It's about the only time I really get their full attention. I hope she has a great year. What a super mom you are! Enjoy your empty nest and the quiet, altho it does take some time getting used to! xo Nancy