Monday, August 4, 2014

Back Porch Reveal with New Paint Scheme~

I know y'all are awaiting the pictures of the house now that it has received a fresh coat of paint, but I need a day or two to finish up and get the pictures taken (the pinestraw is being delivered today, and my #2-the better photographer is sitting for her GRE).

So, I thought I would at least share some pictures of the back porch since we managed to get it put back together this past weekend.

I will let the pictures do the talking...


View looking from top of staircase toward house.

View looking the length of the porch out into our side yard.

I am loving the new door color, Underseas by Sherwin Williams. Planters-Southern Living at Home

Faux boxwood balls are from Hobby Lobby.

Bar-Home Goods, Lantern & Wine Bucket/Stand-Southern Living at Home, Tray and Trash can-Ikea,  Planters-Home Goods, Bottle Carrier-Pottery Barn, Chalkboard w/stand-gift from a friend, Clock and Thermometer-Lowes.

A little closer look.

Tea Towels-Target.
Chalkboard-repurposed frame I had with spray paint I also had on hand.  The chalkboard cut to size was purchased at Home Depot (no spraying this time).

Giant Clamshell-Wisteria, Shells-gathered over time on beach trips, Battery operated weather resistant votives-Target.

Fiddle leaf fig-Home Depot (it loves it out on the porch), Basket planter-bathroom trash can from Target.

We have three spider plants purchased at Lowes hanging from the porch.

Sign-painted by me.  The simplify is a vinyl applique I purchased awhile back from House of Smiths.

Love seat-Target, Throw Pillows-Pottery Barn. We have two matching chairs as well (you can catch a glimpse of them in the photo below.

Table-Ikea, Lantern and Planters-Southern Living at Home, Clam Shell & Wooden Tray-Home Goods.

A little closer look.
We are thrilled to finally have all the window replacements and painting behind us and are looking forward to enjoying many more summer afternoons out here.

16 comments:

Dixie Delights said...

It looks incredible!!! I love every detail. Now you have to make time to enjoy it all :-)

Brandi said...

Man ole man, look at all that space. You have a lovely porch. You decorated it so nicely and I love your door color.

Karena said...

It is all perfectly beautiful Lauren! Love the planters and I have been wanting a giant clamshell! The colors are so cool and crisp for summer!

xoxo
Karena
The Arts by Karena

Allison said...

It looks beautiful Lauren. What a nice porch to sit out, read a book, relax and visit. It's a great space! I love all of the trees and greenery surrounding it. Also loving the peek of your paint colors! Gorgeous doors. Hope Elie is having a fantastic first day with her class!

Stacey said...

Your porch is amazing! I love all the pillows and decorative touches you have out there. Love it!

Anne said...

Your porch is fabulous Lauren...it must be lovely sitting out there on a warm evening:) Enjoy your week!
~Anne

http://decoratedchaos.blogspot.com said...

Your turquoise French doors are so pretty and really the entire porch looks nice. I love everything you did to the space!

Ron said...

I LOVE the color on the doors. It looks amazing! Now, pour a cocktail and enjoy your efforts. xo

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

What a lovely space to relax and sit with a glass of wine at the end of the day. Hope you have wonderful weather the remainder of the summer and enjoy all your hard work. The colors are just so soft and pretty :-)

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

OHH! LUCKY YOU! Actually, the color of your walls are exactly like mine! Our porch has been a haven of quietude and much creativity, and all I have there is a wicker settee, one small bistro table with a small bench and two small tables for setting down drinks.....and my husband says I have too much! HAH!

Lauren, thank you so much for visiting, and your daughter already started school? BLESS HER!

Enjoy your week! Anita

Unknown said...

You space looks absolutely gorge! I love the paint color and all of the accessories and all of the space. Whenever you want a visitor, let me know! Just kidding. But it is beautiful!

henning love said...

i love all the updates you are doing to your house lauren!! i love this outdoor sitting space

Leslie said...

Everything looks great Lauren! I have the Wisteria clam shell and can't wait to use it when the house is finished. Wicker is so fun and I like you lantern;) Happy Tuesday!

xxleslie

Teresa@1800 Farmhouse Rd said...

Your porch is so pretty, great job! When can you come work on mine?? Lol, have a great day!

Mike @TheIronYou said...

Looks awesome L, great job!

Betty said...

Your porch looks so lovely and inviting. I love that sign you made. I need to do that right now. HA! HA!