Monday, October 17, 2011

Writing Today From the Heart~

I had originally planned on posting pictures of our trip to the pumpkin farm today, but some things happened this morning and my heart just isn't in it.  I will post them later in the week, however.

Today, I just felt the need to write from my heart.  Have you ever put you whole self into something, something that really didn't benefit you personally, to have one person come in a destroy everything you have built?  Well, that happened to me today.

For the past four years I have poured a lot of time, energy and tears into a program, only to have the "new kid on the block" come in and basically say, "I'll take it from here and I'm doing it my way."  No thanks for all you've done, all you've created...thanks for nothing.  I probably would not be as hurt, except that his decision not only effects me, it effects a lot of young lives.  Lives I truly cared about.

His decision comes because I disapproved of a decision he made, something if made public, most would disagree with.  Well he didn't like the fact that I shared my OPINION.  I didn't tell him what to do, how to handle it, only that I disagreed with what took place.  It was a matter of integrity for a program I'd spent so many years helping to build.  A program he hopes to build. 

It's really sad that adults these days feel the need to win at all costs.

14 comments:

Danielle Oakey Interiors said...

I'm so sorry that you are dealing with this! Being the bigger person always pays off :)

Tara {The Silver Lining} said...

I'm really sorry to hear this. It makes me sad that people feel the need to act in this manner that you are describing. At least in your heart you know you've done amazing things for the program, and also you spoke up for what you believe in!

Unknown said...

I'm sorry Lauren. I'm thinking I know which program and the incident you are talking about? If it's the one you shared with me, you are so right to express your disapproval! The sad thing is the kids lose out. Hold your head up high and listen to your conscience. It's time to let go. The people that matter in your life know the truth.

Megan // Honey We're Home said...

Lauren, I am sorry you are hurting. I believe in you and know that you acted with integrity and that your heart is in the right place. Sometimes adults' egos get in the way of what is best for children!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Lauren, I am so sorry to hear this! My heart is heavy for you and for everything you did for this program only to see it crumble down. It has to be extemely frustating. I know my words can not change things or make them bette, but I am thinking of you and hoping that this individual will see his wrong doings and make things right.

Morgan said...

Hi there. I am a first-time reader, but I can connect with this post and I am hurting for you. It's so painful to put part of yourself into something and then have someone else take over and especially under such circumstances. Praying that it works out for you and that you can still have a say in your program.

Courtney {a thoughtful place} said...

Oh, Lauren, I am so sorry. I am so frustrated and disappointed for you. I know you poured your heart and soul into that program. Hold your head high for voicing your opinion and for always acting with the children in mind. You never know what can happen and how people can change. There is always hope. Sending you a big warm hug from CA.

emily said...

I am so sorry to hear about that! Sounds like you can hold you head up high! Hugs to you.

Shell in your Pocket said...

That is very hard!!!

sandy toe

Maillardville Manor said...

I'm so sorry your hurting like this, I find that in life we more often regret the things we did not say, so be proud and find comfort in the fact that you will have no regrets about holding it in!!!
I'm sure you were very diplomatic about it.
Lots of Love
Ashli
xoxoxo

Tiffany @ Savor Home said...

Sorry I missed this yesterday. It is really sad how pride and egos get in the way of what is most important. I hate how things worked out, but perhaps there is a higher calling for you- one where you can make an even bigger difference. Keep your head held high and a smile on your face. Everything will work out!

Judy said...

Hey Lauren, I'm just getting around to reading blogs today since I had my 1 year old grandson all day yesterday...no time to do "my thing"!

Unfortunately, there are some people in this world who feel the only way they can feel important is by putting other people down or stepping on toes. This person apparently has some issues with insecurity. I'm sure that anyone that knows you and anyone that knows "him" can see the bigger and better person in this...YOU.

I'm so sorry you were hurt but hopefully you can soon move on from it.

xoxo,
Judy

natasha {schue love} said...

I am so sorry to hear this...very disappointing in a number of ways! I'm sorry you put so much time and effort into something you're passionate about only to have it taken away. I'm sorry that when you spoke your opinion, you were not only NOT heard but disregarded. Very frustrating! I have to believe something good will come from all of this...I'll definitely be thinking about you!

henning love said...

ugh sorry lauren that happened. some people are really rude and just want to take credit for themselves and you are correct it is sad how some adults behave these days