Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The Process~

It is Senior year for both of our girls.  While one is looking forward to this in December...

college graduation.  The other is now in the midst of this...

filling out college applications...

Our mailbox currently is filled with these on a daily basis...


And, next comes this...

It is both exciting and stressful all at the same time.  She has narrowed down her choices (around 10), started or finished their applications, and now is starting to play the wait and see game.  The majority she should have answers from no later than February.  Several she is considered a preferred applicant so we may know by Christmas!

So, these days I have been busy keeping her on track.  With school work, volleyball, church leadership committments and college applications, she doesn't have much free time.

I hope to get a few projects completed around the house this weekend, as it is our first free weekend we've had in awhile!

Hope everyone is having a great week so far!!!

10 comments:

Tiffany @ Savor Home said...

Gosh I remember those days. Such an exciting, yet stressful time. I am sure she will get accepted to the perfect place. Tell her to enjoy this time as much as possible!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, I remember those days. They were so exciting, yet so busy and stressful. I saw a brochure for Bucknell in that pamphlet picture - that is where my sisters went!! :) The college that she chooses to go to will be so very lucky to have her xo

Unknown said...

We are right behind you with the college stuff. My oldest is a freshman, so I'll be asking my friends like you that have been through the college applications for tips. Is she going to try and play volleyball in college?

Unknown said...

Holy smokes. You are busy! I feel like it was yesterday {sadly it wasn't} that I was running to the mailbox to see if the letter back from me desired school was thick or thin! Such an exciting time. Good luck, friend.

Megan // Honey We're Home said...

Busy times! I remember applying to law school and waiting to hear back! Enjoy your weekend! I ended up picking up James from school today and just hung out and played together at home- was so nice!

Mary and Dyer said...

Such an exciting time in the house for both girls!! I remember getting those acceptance letters - such a rush! xox

I just became your newest follower! I would love for you to check out my blog & follow back if you'd like. :)

Blessings,
Kat
www.maryanddyer.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the college applications!
I remember waiting to hear back from the colleges I applied to. It was a mixture of dread and anticipation I hope never to experience again. :)

Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

So many exciting things going on at your house! Good luck to your daughter!

Michelle @ Ten June said...

I hope she becomes a Dawg!! : ) Is that an option?

Cassie {Hi Sugarplum} said...

Yikes, I can't even imagine the emotions you're feeling watching your girls go through this!!! I have a few years before it happens, but I know it will go fast.