Monday, July 11, 2011

Phlox and Aster~

Our Phlox and Aster are finally in full bloom.  The Phlox gives off such a sweet scent.  I decided to bring in a few before this hot Georgia heat gets to them, and make a little arrangement for my office.

I love using silver mint julep cups for small arrangements.  The glass Murano candies we brought back from our trip to Italy several years back.  I love the bright colors, and the best thing is they are calorie free!  You can catch a glimpse of the chair we had reupholstered for the room as well. 

Hope you are having a wonderful start to your week!  I am off to have lunch with my girl (well, one of them).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful picture!!! Hope you are having a great Monday.

Judy said...

Hi Lauren!

My grandmother planted rows and rows of phlox along her walkway to her home. Every time I see phlox, I think of her.

Hope you have a wonderful lunch with your daughter.

Judy

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

I love your arrangement!!! So pretty. :)

Karena said...

Beautiful Lauren. Silver Julep cups are perfect for the arrangements.I adore the fabric you chose for your chair!

xoxo

Karena
Art by Karena

simply brookes: said...

thank you for your post. love it.
i totally can relate.
i just moved to the south recently (about 2 weeks ago). i'm loving the hospitality, but not the humidity and bugs. have to say, though, i think i'm going to love this place.

i'll be back...say hello to your new follower!