Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Office In Progress~

Today, I thought I would share my new home office.  This is yet another work still in progress!  I've learned from past mistakes and with all of our new redos I am taking it slow and choosing things I truly love and will use for years to come rather than just fill the spaces with a bunch of "stuff". Okay-that was probably just the biggest run on sentence ever! The office looked like this just a few short months ago:


The dark dated computer desk and hutch had been around for awhile (once upstairs in the girls playroom, then back downstairs to the office/study) as had the chair (although it had been recovered at least once).  We sold both on Craigslist, and used that money to purchase our new desk and chair!  The loveseat found a new home in our Media Room upstairs where it will get a lot more use.  The coffee table is now in our Family Room (old table went to our daughter's apartment).

The office has taken longer to pull together due to the fact that I had to wait 3 months for my desk and chair to arrive!  I chose the Jett Desk from Z Gallerie along with the white and chrome chair.  We purchased the Expedite Bookcase from Ikea (love, love, love) and the filing drawers as well.  The side chair in our office was originally in our living room and looked like this:

Chair on right.
I also splurged on the Palmer Stool in white from Z Gallerie to use as a side table for the chair.  I had looked for weeks trying to find the right table, the right height, and it was the only thing that fit the bill.  I do love it in the space.

Here is the office now, still a work in progress (especially the stuff on the shelves...it kinda landed where it did).
Looking into the room-we have double glass french doors leading in, to the right is the doorway for our downstairs bath, and to the left double doors for a closet (this room can be used as another bedroom).  With just one large wall to work with it became quite the challenge.

A closer look at the Expedite.  Still working on the placement of things!

Filing drawers from Ikea-holds so much stuff.  I store our printer paper, extra cartridges, and other various office supplies in here.  The print above we purchased on our trip to Savannah and reminds us of our Cairn Terrier Kylee.

Chair recovered in a fabric purchased at JoAnns along with the Palmer Stool.  The green vase belonged to my Granny (her favorite colors were blue and green, so the room reminds me of her).  And yes, Kylee wanted in on the action!

So, there you have it...my new home office.  I am loving having a place to work on the computer, read a book and escape to.  I am still looking for a few accessories, but I don't like to have a lot of things in a room without a purpose (even if it is just to make me smile).

Hope everyone is having a great week!  The countdown has begun here...school starts in less than two weeks!

7 comments:

Tara {The Silver Lining} said...

Love your new office!! I'm always drawn to blues and greens too. That fabric on the chair is just fabulous!!

Karena said...

Oh I love it!! It is perfect and I want to do something similar to brighten things up!

xoxo
Karena

Art by Karena

Come and enter my $150 Giveaway from Dr Perricone!

emily said...

What a great space! That chair is fabulous! We just added the Expedit bookshelf in our office, and it is amazing how much it can hold!

Jennifer said...

Beautiful room! I love the desk :)

Jen
www.dishesandsocks.com

Unknown said...

LOVE! I am in love. Can I work there? Was it pricey to have the chair covered? So darn fantastic.

Megan // Honey We're Home said...

Your office looks so bright and fresh now! I love the pops of green too. I bet you love being in there now!

Maillardville Manor said...

AHHHHH!!!! LOVE IT! That desk is to die for . . . I'm super jealous!
Lots of love to you and Captain Katie :)
Ashli