Friday, March 3, 2017

TGIF Dinner Addition~Fall Off the Bone Slow Cooker Ribs

TGIF y'all.

Today I am sharing with you a SUPER easy, yet oh so yummy recipe.  We love ribs.  Especially hubby's slow cooked dry rubbed ribs he cooks in the summertime.  But, sometimes you crave that same taste yet don't won't to put in the time and effort.  These slow cooker ribs are a very close second.



Fall Off the Bone Slow Cooker Ribs

Ingredients:
About 3 pounds baby back ribs (this can be doubled to feed more, just double your liquids too)
rib rub (we used Famous Dave's as it is allergy friendly)
1/2 C apple cider vinegar
1/3 C soy sauce (we used liquid aminos, gluten free/soy free
1 1/2 tsp liquid smoke
barbecue sauce (of choice) (we used a mix of hot and regular Bone Suckin' Sauce)

Instructions:

1. Trim the ribs and cut the rack into 4 sections.  Rub the ribs generously with your favorite rib rub. If you don't have a rib rub, salt, pepper, and garlic powder will work just fine. Allowing the ribs to sit in the refrigerator a while (even overnight, which is what we did) will add more flavor, but it isn't required.

2. Mix the vinegar, soy sauce, and liquid smoke together and pour it into the bottom of the slow cooker. Add the rib sections (meat side down), spreading them around the bowl of the slow cooker. Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours, or until tender and you can see the meat separating from the bone.

3. Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Coat the ribs with the barbecue sauce and grill for 15 minutes, turning once, or until the barbecue sauce is charred a bit. (we used the broiler instead)

We served with a side of baked beans.

The original recipe can be found here.

And, you know I couldn't leave you without another Henley update...

Week 1-approx. 11 lbs, Week 2-approx. 14 lbs, Week 3-16 lbs and still growing!



6 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Thank you!
I never cook ribs!
Too intimating. : )
I feel empowered now!
And your puppy???
He's perfect. : )

Ron said...

Yum!!!! And the pup ain't too bad also!

Blondie's Journal said...

How sweet those pups are...I can't resist a puppy. I seriously can't go near one!!

The ribs look delicious. I do a dry rub that I make myself (let me know if you want the ingredients). I also use it on ribs, pork chops and chicken. For the ribs I rub it on and then bake/grill them. The last ten minutes I use a sauce...whatever appeals to me...aren't they all so different??

Great post!! Thank you.

Jane

Decor To Adore said...

Oh Henley you are just TOO CUTE!!! My hubby loves ribs and I can't wait to try this.

Melissa said...

Yum!!! Can't wait to try these after Lent! And how adorable is Henley?? So cute!

bj said...

awww...who DOESN'T love ribs...can't wait to make these..love the slow cooker idea.
and...I love you pup..our thanks for the prayers.