Thursday, January 26, 2017

Thoughts on Thursday~Late Addition

I've always been of the camp, "better late than never".  Ask my littles I've taught.  We'd be halfway through snack on a crazy day and I'd be reminded by them, "Ms. Lauren, we forgot the blessing!" Oops.  And I'd always say, "better late than never" and we would stop and pray.

So while it's already 6:30 PM here, I thought I'd still get a post out.

This quote seems appropriate given the past couple of days.  I'll share more when I post about our updated fireplace mantle. But, suffice it to say it didn't come off without a couple hiccups.


There may or may not have been times I wanted to quit.  I may have muttered things under my breath I wasn't proud of.  And, it may have taken my #2 to keep me from going into the all out ugly cry yesterday.

But, today is a new day.  And God's mercies are new each and every morning.  And sometimes we see things with fresh eyes, and well...a calmer demeanor.   Not to mention all my sweet sweet IG followers who have been my biggest cheerleaders throughout this entire process. Love y'all.

So with all that said, I want to encourage you to keep at it.  Sometimes it gets worse before it gets better.  But the end result is always worth it.  It may not always turn out the way we hoped or planned, but it does turn out the way He intended it to.

TGIF in less than 6 hours!!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Can't wait to read all about the new fireplace! Your pics on IG have been beautiful! Glad Katie was there to calm my Mama friend down! Love you!

Calypso In The Country said...

Yes, today is a new day. Hope you are feeling positive today. Great quote!
Hugs,
Shelley

NanaDiana said...

I have had weeks and sometimes months on end of that, Lauren. It is true you have to hold on, take a deep breath and ride it out. I hope that everything is okay there. Hope you have a great weekend. xo Diana