Tuesday, May 5, 2015

It's been 6 months...

As many of you know, back in the fall of last year I was met with a challenge that was completely unexpected.  The possibility of cancer.  I shared my two month journey here on the blog.  I shared my fears, my prayers and finally the outcome.  It was not cancer!  In the months since, I have watched countless friends I know receive not so great news. I've been witness to the loss many have endured.  I had my 6 month follow up today, and could not be more humbled and grateful that all is well, and my scans were clear.  God is an AWESOME God, and is totally in charge.

I thought I would share a few quotes I found recently that touched my heart.  I also wanted to thank each of you again for praying with me, for me, and to Him.  Please continue to pray, as each day someone receives the not so encouraging news.  Pray for a cure.

He is more than gracious!!

Easier said than done, but doable if you then read and keep the next verse close to your heart...

Amen!

Surprisingly,  this showed up several places I visited this morning...He knew I needed the reminder.

And, that is a GOOD THING!!

Something I intend to work on this year!


15 comments:

Nancy's Notes said...

What a blessing, so happy for you! Lauren, bless your heart, God is good!!
Love all of your sayings!
Take care,
Nancy

Michele @ The Joyful Home said...

Wonderful news, Lauren! I love all of these verses and have found great comfort in each of them. Blessings to you and prayers for continued good health!

Melissa said...

What incredibly wonderful news, Lauren!! So happy! Prayers for your continued good health and good news!

NanaDiana said...

Thank God, indeed, Lauren! I am so happy for you- it really lightens your heart to get an all-clear, doesn't it? Blessings to you! xo Diana

Unknown said...

Awesome news. God is always so good!!!

Tery H said...

Such great new! Isn't it great to be able to breath again?! My mother had uterine cancer, my aunt had ovarian cancer and another had breast cancer so I faithfully get mammograms. The problem is uterine and ovarian are hard to detect so my doctor suggested genetic testing to see if I have the 'cancer gene.' The waiting is the hardest part. I got the results and it was negative! I have no greater chance of getting uterine/ovarian cancer than someone without a family history of it. Just normal screening for me! I am so happy for you!

Rustown Mom said...

This post made me smile - so happy for you and you sound so happy, too!!

Lustrous.ie said...

Fabulous news Lauren:) Enjoy the rest of your week!
~Anne

Calypso In The Country said...

So happy for you! What a great reminder to be thankful!
Shelley

Karena said...

Dear Lauren, I am so relieved for you and yes, even with what I have been through with all of the surgeries, I am so grateful for I know how many people have more difficult issues to handle, with God's help!

xoxo
Karena
The Arts by Karena
Bunnies by Hunt Slonem!

Becky {This Is Happiness} said...

So happy for you that your scans were clear. Love all the beautiful quotes. Happy Mother's Day!

Allison said...

Yay Lauren! I am so happy to hear your good news! Such a blessing. Those are wonderful quotes. We really do need to live in the moment and be so thankful and grateful for what we have each and every day. Wishing you a lovely weekend and a Happy Mother's Day!

Christy @ 11 Magnolia Lane said...

Such great news! Thank you for sharing with all of us!!

Beautifully Seaside // Formerly Chic Coastal Living said...

Thank you Jesus! I prayed for you!

Gypsy Heart said...

I am so, so happy for you!! Praise God! You're so right...many receive sad news daily and IMHO, there seems to be more and more. :( Volunteering with Chemo Angels means so much to me! It provides a reality check for me on an ongoing basis and I strive to bring a bit of sunshine and joy to those going through treatment.

xo
Pat