Monday, February 23, 2015

Yummy Cinnamon Sugar Doughnuts~

Y'all, I have been craving doughnuts for the past couple weeks.  Ever since going gluten free a year and a half ago, I have yet to find a yummy fresh doughnut.  The frozen ones just don't cut it.  So, when hubby stumbled upon this recipe by my favorite cook, Ina Garten~Barefoot Contessa, I knew we had to give it a try.

And, it could not have been easier to convert to gluten free.  All we had to do was sub regular flour for our gluten free all-purpose flour!

The recipe is very simple, and made with ingredients that we normally have on hand.  In a matter of 30 minutes we had fresh, hot, super scrumptious donuts.


Butter, cinnamon and sugar...what's not to like?????

Linking up with 11 Magnolia Lane for their Pretty Preppy Party.


15 comments:

pam {simple details} said...

Oh my goodness, this is dangerous!! :)

Rustown Mom said...

I could really go for one of those with my mid-morning coffee! I bet your kitchen smelled amazing. I love watching Ina Garten on TV.

Preppy Empty Nester said...

Just Finished my minor stint on the treadmill. Boy could I go for those donuts right now. Looks yummy!

Laura said...

Donut perfection, my friend!

Lustrous.ie said...

Must put these on my baking list....sound delicious .Have a great week Lauren.
~Anne

NanaDiana said...

Now I am CRAVING a donut-you naughty girl!!!! NOTHING like a homemade one, is there? xo Diana

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

I wish I had one right now! Happy Monday :-)

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Ok, you've started something now...lol! These look so good. We have been on the Daniel Plan with our church for the past two weeks. This will be our last week; and you better believe I'll have to give these a try!

Melissa said...

The look spectacular....and delicious, too!! Glad you finally found a good one :)!

Gypsy Heart said...

This is dangerous information! Perhaps it should be classified??? :) They look delish and I'm sure they are. What a nice treat to be GF!

xo
Pat

Michele @ The Joyful Home said...

Yum! What gluten-free mix do you use? We're cutting down on grains again, and my carb-and-wheat-loving-self is craving things like this!

Christy @ 11 Magnolia Lane said...

Lauren, these look amazing! Pinned! Can I talk you into linking this up at this month's Pretty Preppy Party? XO

Brandi said...

Yummy! These are right up my alley, Lauren. I love Ina so I'm sure this recipe will be delicious.

Heather @ Southern State of Mind said...

These look so great! Adding to my "must make" list! Thanks for linking up to the Pretty Preppy Party!

Carrie said...

Yum!!! I crave donuts and so does my daughter! I'm going to have to try this recipe. Thank you for sharing! :)