Friday, December 30, 2011

New Year's Resolutions~



When I read this cartoon, it put a smile on my face.  I am not one to make New Year's resolutions...why? because I learned a long time ago that they just set me up for failure.  I learned in life there are some things I can control, and others I can't...and those others on occassion tended to come sweeping in and cause my resolutions to go right out the door!

I tried something new last New Year.  I decided to pick ONE SINGLE WORD to focus on for the upcoming year.  Something that would effect my life as well as my family's in a positive way.  The word I chose was SIMPLIFY.  And, I am proud to say I feel like we accomplished that in many ways. 

So this year, I will be choosing a new word to focus on...just one word.  I have a few rolling around in my head and plan to pick one by tomorrow so that I can begin focusing on it Sunday.  I'll let you all know what I chose next week.

In the meantime...I pray everyone has a Blessed and Safe New Year's Eve!!  I have so enjoyed getting to know each of you this past year and look forward to seeing what you all have up your sleeves for 2012!!!


3 comments:

Tiffany @ Savor Home said...

Love that cartoon and your thought process! I completely agree with you. One word instead of a long list is enough! I wish you the greatest 2012 and Happy New Year!

simply brookes: said...

i like it. good word, my friend. i think we could all use a little simplifying. i think i'll start with my closets.

{oc cottage} said...

HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR to you!!!


m ^..^