Saturday, November 5, 2011

Two for two...

Sorry for the lack of posts lately, we are in crazy mode gearing up for the holidays around here!  While we don't spend much time on Halloween nowadays (the girls are older), Thanksgiving and Christmas will be upon us in no time!

Our youngest daughter's MRI on her foot showed only swollen tissue, no tears/breaks, so we are so very thankful she will not be facing surgery in the near future.  Our oldest is preparing for finals and graduation from college...she "officially" made the grad list (according to her text  to me).  I jokingly told her I could now plan her grad party (already was, but had to razz her a bit!!).

Our youngest has her senior volleyball banquet on Monday, and after that I can hand all of my duties off to my predecessor! Thank goodness!!!  I am ready to move on.

The good news...

Our youngest is two for two on acceptance letters!  She got into her sister's alma mater, Kennesaw State University...and this week was officially accepted to Baylor!  We are so proud of her!!!  6 more to go, but she is off to a great start.   

This is such an exciting time in our lives, as we watch one graduate from college and one prepare for college.  Some would be sad seeing their kiddos leave the nest, but I am super excited for both of them!  They are good kids, who have worked hard, and I am so blessed to see them succeed!

I hope to post more often in the next few weeks as things settle into place.  Be on the look out for my "Teacher Gift series"...a mom of an almost 22 year old and and 18 year old has lots of ideas!!

Hope everyone has a blessed Sunday!

11 comments:

natasha {schue love} said...

Wow! How exciting about your youngest!! And amazing that your oldest is about to enter the real world! Super exciting time for you is probably an understatement! Glad you have the holidays to cherish and look forward to with your family! :)

Maillardville Manor said...

Congratulations Katie!!!!! WOW!!!
Congrats Lauren and Mark too :)

p.s. I still can't believe you have a 22 year old and an 18 year old!!! Seriously!!
Lots of Love
Ashli

wdn th said...

congratssssss!!!!i am a new fashion blogger from indonesia living in singapore :) i really like your blog. i will really appreciate & it will be an honor to have u as my blog member.

and of course i will folback!:D also, u can mention me anytime on twitter @tiodang if you want me to check out your latest post & leave a comment ^^ ,please list me on twitter, so i will know u're my follower!! ;)

i've just recommend your post to google!u can check it! that's what u got if you keep in touch with my blog too!! hope u will do the same ^^
u can contact me at : cheeringwinda@yahoo.com

emily said...

What an exciting time! Congrats to your youngest!

Tara {The Silver Lining} said...

Such great news!! So glad no surgery is in the near future. I know that was probably a huge relief. Congrats to your youngest on her college acceptances. That's amazing!! And congrats to your oldest on graduating soon. Both of them are about to embark on such amazing experiences. Sooo excited for them! I miss college a ton, so I agree that it's something for you to be proud and excited about for them. My mom was definitely the same way you were. She of course was going to miss me, but she was just ecstatic for me. Enjoy all of these special moments with your girls!! Can't wait to hear what your oldest does after college!

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

WOW! All sorts of wonderful news, no surgery, lots of letters of acceptances and graduation!!! Seems so far for me but I know it will sneak up on us sooooo fast! Can't wait to see your snow globes!
XO
Kristin

Unknown said...

Wonderful news all around. That is fantastic. Congratulations. Enjoy all the excitement and great news.

Allison said...

Congratulations to both of your girls and to you! What an exciting time!

Morgan said...

Congrats to your daughter! That's awesome and such a good feeling. =)

Design Blooms said...

I LOVE the Kennesaw area! I from Griffin, and I lived in Rome for a little while, so I would always pass Kennesaw on my way back and forth. Great blog!

henning love said...

thank goodness no surgery!! and yippee acceptances to college. lots of great stuff happening in your household recently :-)