Monday, April 25, 2011

The 1st Blooms~

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!  Our oldest came home for a visit, which is always a treat.  She and her sister had a great time Saturday evening dying Easter eggs.  Just goes to show...you are never to old to dye Easter eggs!!  It was fun seeing the two of them acting like they did back when they were 8 and 4!! LOL



Easter Day we enjoyed the service at church and then a home cooked meal on the grill with just the four of us.  We don't get to do it very often, as our oldest is in college, working and interning!!  We are quite proud of her however, as she will graduate in December (a semester early).

I was also excited to see that our tea roses are in full bloom!


They smell so good!!  Our knock-out roses are blooming as well, and our hydrangeas and peonies are just waiting to burst open.  I cannot wait.  I absolutely LOVE our backyard when everything first blooms.  The herbs and vegetables have been planted as well, and are already getting big.  The fish emulsion really does work!

We will be attending the Honors Breakfast and Honors Night tomorrow at our youngest daughter's high school.  I am sooo proud of her.  Despite the fight with migraines this year, she once again made the Honor Roll and will be receiving another Honor tomorrow night (we aren't sure what for just yet, however, she was named Jammin' Junior recently).  Will update tomorrow after the awards ceremony!

I'll leave you with something I heard the other day on the Nate Berkus Show.  He was interviewing Gretchen Rubin, the author of the Happiness Project.  She said, "the days are long, but the years are short."  Watching my two girls, now 21 and 17, dye Easter eggs this past weekend, I have to agree 100% !!!

11 comments:

Michaela said...

I love roses! These are so pretty. I bet they smell amazing! What a great quote. The Nate Show is great for so many things (:

Courtney {a thoughtful place} said...

Oh, this touched my heart. Such sweet girls . . what a great quote. And I am sooo envious that you have hydrangeas blooming. One of my all time favorites. I am in love with not only the flowers, but the gorgeous leaves on those plants as well! Enjoy the special honors' events with your daughter. Good for her.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Your girls look so happy! I hope mine grow up to be good friends---sometimes I am doubtful by the way they treat each other. :s Thank you for sharing that quote today. Sometimes it is a real struggle to cherish those moments. :) Thanks for the visit today. :)

Anonymous said...

Neat to see your girls coloring eggs and having fun. You are never too old, in my opinion. Love the quote and it hits home. I can't believe how fast the years go by. Congrats to both your girls. I bet you are so proud of them. Have fun at the ceremony. :) ~Michelle

Michelle @ Ten June said...

Aw, looks like you had a fabulous Easter! I'm glad you got to spend the quality time with your family : ) Priceless moments like dyeing Easter eggs are the ones we remember forever! And your flowers are so pretty- our first peonies popped open over the weekend!

Jennifer said...

Beautiful roses! My dad loved roses. He had quite a green thumb..unlike my black one!

sensiblyluxe said...

Those roses look beautiful. Also, the story of your girls sounds lovely. Nothing like a holiday and some crafting to bring people together.

Megan // Honey We're Home said...

So fun to just be together for the holiday. That quote is so perfect for me right now. It struck me that James isn't always going to live here and every time I think about it, I start to cry- I need to relax- he's only 1!

Kirsten Krason said...

I wish I could have roses growing in my backyard! Beautiful.

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

What a treat to have her home!
Love the roses!
XO

Rhiannon Bosse said...

The Days Are Long, The Years Are Short. I adore that. And it's so true :)